PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrangler vs the HX

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Default RE: Wrangler vs the HX

"Why do all newbies insist on trying to be wise-asses?!?!?! I stated FACT and your best reply was a wise-***, hope you enjoy your mini van motor?!?!?! Whatever bro."

I am not being a wise ***.I doubt all "newbies" try to be either. I said I am happy you like your mini van motor, not I hope you enjoy it. Being a new member, or as you say " a newbie" doesn't make me,norall newbies wise asses.From your prior posts I understand you don't like new members. That being said, I have Jeeps, and a Hummer. Idrive both, but wish Chrysler hadn't installed mini van motors into the new Jeeps. If you would like to discuss this further, pm me.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:34 PM

nope, no need to discuss any further, your previous reply of hope you like your mini van motor just came across as being meant as a wise ***...if it wasn't I appologize.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM

Dang!!........not a JK fan?

Old 01-13-2008, 09:29 PM

keep flaming impy about jeeps!!! a dentist couldnt hit more nerves. haha!

dont take it so personally. newbs are entitled to their opinions too.

the pats won yesterday, be happy!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:20 PM

Gotta chime in here, too. The reason I bought my H3 was to carry on the GREAT experience I had in my 4.0 4x4 '98 XJ. That rig was right-sized, useful, reasonably priced, capable off-road, etc. Unfortunately, Jeep doesn't offer an equivalent right now (IMNSHO), and the H3 gave me almost acid-induced flashbacks to those days. [8D]

I love 'em both.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:22 PM

I could not figure out why Chrysler wanted to get rid of a low RPM / high torque engine and replace it with a high RPM / low torque engine for a vehicle like the "Jeep". The old 258 CID AMC engine was probably one of the best engines ever and they should have stuck with the long stroke type engine.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I think the Hummer aftermarket world has a ways to go before it catches up with Jeep. Most of the aftermarket stuff for Hummer is all cosmetic, whereas most of what I see for Jeep is all mechanical upgrades. I'm no expert, but even though the Hummers can take a beating, I still think Jeep is going to be ahead for a long time as far as capabilities, but that's just my opinion.
Maybe all that mechanical Heep stuff is being sold because you need it. Hummers stock are top of their class. Don't have to run out and buy any upgrades for it.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM

After sitting in the HX today...I want one!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM

There is no comparing the ride/inside of a Jeep to an H3. While they're wheelin with their plastic windows and no doors, looking at their ugly dashboard and a plastic hard top, us Hummer drivers are riding in comfort with heated leather seats, with real glass between us and the outdoors, our nice sound system, dash ****, etc.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM

wow...you sound like you read that hummer flyer at the dealership.

Quick Reply: Wrangler vs the HX