PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrangler vs the HX

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Default RE: Wrangler vs the HX

Oh my...someone said dirty!! I should wash my H3 now.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:42 PM

ummm.....that's the newest h3x concept...google the Jeep hurricane or look in the thread in off topic that Iposted pics in...the Hurricane concept against this concept...NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but I'll take the hurrican with TWO hemi's putting out over 700HP, four wheel steering...20" ground clearance TO THE DIFFS!!!! But these are both proto's...let's see what they end up producing.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I think the Hummer aftermarket world has a ways to go before it catches up with Jeep. Most of the aftermarket stuff for Hummer is all cosmetic, whereas most of what I see for Jeep is all mechanical upgrades. I'm no expert, but even though the Hummers can take a beating, I still think Jeep is going to be ahead for a long time as far as capabilities, but that's just my opinion.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:52 PM

I had a 85 CJ7 and LOVED it, didn't have anything. Hell, I had stop signs for the floor boards and didn't even own a top for it (That was interesting in the winter and rain ). It was primer black with 31's on it. Never got stuck! Beat the hell out it, looked like a POS when you got up close. But everybody still loved it. It looked like it did was it was built for. I miss that old thing I had a blast with it. But I love my H3 equally, and yes I MIGHT try to put it in some of the same places but it is built differently, more comfortable, heavier, etc... If my H3 is half as capable as my CJ was, I'll have no complaints. Not like I'm trying to win a BAJA or anything[sm=smiley1.gif]. I like the new HX, maybe when the kids are all grown up and gone.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

BTW...I'm not a big fan of the Wrangler hence the RealJeep moniker. Real Jeeps have Cast Iron Transfer cases!
haha, and not have a mini van motor in them! I'ved owned lots of Jeeps. Still have a Grand Cherokee my wife drives. Love those Inline 6, 4.0 motors.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM

hearing about that on the Jeep boards is getting really old. I have a 97 ZJ that I bought brand new still sitting in my driveway, it has the ole 4.0 straight 6...great motor? ABSOLUTELY!!! I also have an 07 JK with the 3.8...it has more hp 205 compared to 181...more tq 240 compared to 222...gets better gas mileage and the powerband is perfect for anything you would want to do offroad....so why bash the motor change??? It's not the same damn motor that chrysler puts in mini-vans..it's a modified version of it.... I swear old time Jeepers are so damn afraid of change...EVERY damn change EVER get's nothing but bashing and crying....and you guys thought hummer owners were strange[8D]

Old 01-13-2008, 06:10 PM

I don't hate Jeep, I have a lot of respect for their lineage and their product. But like Dawg says, I don't care for most of the owners. Arrogant little ****s from what I have seen. And I know, as I have a Jeep and used to run in those circles, they just feel they hung the moon and don't even try to look at what could be bigger and better out there. There are some people who wont talk with me or respond to at all since I have chosen Hummer over Jeep, sad.

So I think this is a good move by Hummer and will hopefully open some minds of some Jeep owners. Not to mention it looks bad ***, I would even consider waiting and buying one if they would offer it in a V8. I need some towing power!

Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM

Looks unbelievably cool. Thanks for posting this. One question, how the heck is someone supposed to sit in those back seats without banging their head on the roof?

H34me

Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 PM

Yeah I'm old, and am an old Jeeper. Started off roading in the 70's. I test drove an 08 4 door Wrangler, and felt it to be under powered. I'm happy you like your Chrysler mini van engine.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:47 PM

well then as an old jeeper I assume you KNOW that the 3.8 motors are computer controlled to run at 75% power until you hit a certain mileage...RIGHT?!?!?! My JK was an absolute dog until I hit 1000 miles...then it really picked up. Why do all newbies insist on trying to be wise-asses?!?!?! I stated FACT and your best reply was a wise-***, hope you enjoy your mini van motor?!?!?! Whatever bro.

Quick Reply: Wrangler vs the HX