PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why you should consider wheeling your hummer

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Default RE: why you should consider wheeling your hummer

I bought mine because I feel safe in it. After being run over by a semi.. I needed a vehicle I felt safe in and the H2 gives me that comfort.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: alpha4wd

wow, someone thinks alot of themselves. four wheeling is a sport, it's intended to be fun. if your wheeling an $80,000 truck, or a rusted old toyota, who cares, have fun. I have a Hummer and several Jeeps, because of the area I live in and that it's all big rock climbs, the H2 is just about useless. I wheel my Jeeps and love them. I hope you don't live near me because we have a very good scene here and great attitudes on the trails and we don't need anyone talking down to us because of what we wheel. And I also think $80,000 is too much to spend to impress girls, just my opinion.
I gotto to chime in here because I think you took Greenie's post a little wrong .... What you are talking about, yota's and Heep's ... these are COMMON to find on the trails pretty much in every park you go to ... they are relatively cheap vehicles price tag wise and commonly available to the joe schmoes for that very reason. Taking an H1/H2 out on the other hand is almost always a head turner, at least in the parks me and my deuce frequent. People take notice of them because of WHAT they are, both vehicle wise as well as cost wise. And just because we're not in a lifted Heep Scrangler doesn't mean we don't have pride or take pride in our vehicles ... I answer pretty much the same way .. so what, I have about 70K in my rig, why wouldn't I wheel it? You wouldn't buy a Ferrari and only drive it around in 1st gear, would ya!?
As far as what's too much to spend on a vehicle and the potential gawk factor ... isn't that related to the individuals wallet/financial abilities and their own priorities? I'd wheel a 20KHeep and I'd wheel a brand spanking new 150K H1 wagon ... If money is a burning issue in owning and playing with these vehicles my recommendation here would be not to own one. I don't think you will find a single Hummer owner who wheels their rig NOT taking pride in the attention we receive on the trails. I know I personally enjoy when kids come running up to check out the rig, or when other wheelers show up just to give you kudo's for having the cajones to take a vehicle who in most people's eyes is fairly expensive out on the trails ...

I will finish this up with the same hope that you live nowhere near me .. I'd hate to run in to you on the trail with your nasty attitude towardsother wheelers such as Greenie.. And as far as talking downabout what you wheel ... practice what you preach there bud ...

Old 06-14-2007, 11:12 AM

Well Said Nick!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Thanks Den .. that whole crap post was just uncalled for imho ... Didn't wait long before acting like an azz either ... 14 posts and already making "friends" ....

Old 06-14-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

i'm not saying you should join the blacked out wheeling crowd, you probably shouldn't.
Yeah you should ... I think it's just shorty and myself fittin' the criteria so far though ... LOL!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:29 AM

Most of you were born into money weren't you?

Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 AM

I wish i was... hell... i bet i make less per year than anyone here...

Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Born into Money???...36 years of hard labor and working two jobs and going to school (on my dime) and trying to keep above water, one step ahead of the repo-man...You must have usa confused with Paris Hilton..

Old 06-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

You guys are ALL taking this WAYYYY too seriously. He was trying to be funny saying you should wheel your Hummers because chicks dig the dirty rigs. THAT'S IT. How the hell did this turn into us being born into money? I won't divuldge people's personal stories but I can assure you most of us were born into really rough lives growing up, and busted our asses for what we have, including myself.

You said "we have a very good scene here and great attitudes on the trails and we don't need anyone talking down to us" well, nice attitude to stereotype people you don't even know. And how in the world is anybody talking down to you? Nobody ever said anything bad about you as far as I can recall.

We also have gone off-roading together and have great attitudes, but we don't stereotype and/or judge people, especiallywithout getting to know them, and we definitely don't give a crap about how much money each of us has.

Anyway my point is he was trying to make a simple point and it was his opinion, trying to bring some humor, hence all the smiley faces. Everybody just needs to RELAX and take some DEEP BREATHS.

Quick Reply: why you should consider wheeling your hummer