PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Default RE: why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?

ORIGINAL: Jmm

Here in France, where I Live, the H3 cost abt 61k€ ( add abt. 30% to convert in US$).
furthermore the H2 cost abt. 98k€ and the H1 150K€.

I just bought a H3 last week and I learned that we are only about 85 owners in all France!

no wonder!!

I don't really understand GM pricing strategy.
by the way, petrol cost here 1.4 € PER LITER!

jm.

Bonjour Jmm, soyez bienvenus au forum. Avez-vous des photos de votre nouveau H3 ?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Jmm

bonjour,

je suis agréablement surpris de trouver un francophone!

non, je n'ai pas encore pris de photos, mais je vais le faire.

savez vous comment les integrer car je n'en ai pas la moindre idée.

ORIGINAL: The Riddler

Here in France, where I Live, the H3 cost abt 61k€ ( add abt. 30% to convert in US$).
furthermore the H2 cost abt. 98k€ and the H1 150K€.

I just bought a H3 last week and I learned that we are only about 85 owners in all France!

no wonder!!

I don't really understand GM pricing strategy.
by the way, petrol cost here 1.4 € PER LITER!

jm.

Bonjour Jmm, soyez bienvenus au forum. Avez-vous des photos de votre nouveau H3 ?

Old 10-04-2006, 10:47 AM

Veuillez parler anglais, ainsi nous tous pouvons apprécier cette conversation.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Jmm

your french seems definitly better than my english!

sorry for the little french chat, I will continue in english.[&o]

by the way, about french, do you know how to shift from °F to °C in the mirror display.they said to press the on/off button to cycle from °F to °C but ... it does not work.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Jmm

ORIGINAL: Dennis

A company formed between a Chinese (manufacturer I can't think of their name) in partnership with Renault (France) and Rover (British) to build the new MG here in Oklahoma (USA)..how cool is that?

READ THIS
Well, I don't know if Renault and Rover are part of this deal.

What I do know, however, is that there are serious talks in between G.M and Renault/ Nissan (Nissan being Renault japanese branch since a few years) for them to acquire a significant part of GM shares.

what about an half american half franco-japanese HUMMER !!! HOW COOL IS THAT?

american bourbon with a twist of sushi and plenty of beaujolais!

Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM

your french seems definitly better than my english!

sorry for the little french chat, I will continue in english.[&o]

by the way, about french, do you know how to shift from °F to °C in the mirror display.they said to press the on/off button to cycle from °F to °C but ... it does not work.

No problem JMM..Just kidding with you J'aime avoir l'amusement et la plaisanterie autour, ce monde est trop gâchée pendant qu'elle est sans de l'humeur… heureuse de vous avoir Ã* bord avec nous, nous a besoin d'un certains culter et classe.

About the temp display..My Owner's Manual (Page 2-33), says to press the button once to change it from °F to °C and one more press turns it all off...Then one more press it comes back on with the °F again...I checked mine out just now and it does exactly that.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Jmm

Thank you Dennis, but no joy!
it doesn't works on mine, I guess something' wrong.
since the car is 1200 miles and 11 days old I hope that they will just replace the damn thing

thank you anyway.

also for your info, I am doing abt 11.7 MPG, 95% city so far. quite bad indeed!
I was doing 18/19 MPG with my former MB ML 500!!

so I strongly suggest you guys not to come anyway close to here with your cars because at 1.30 € per liter you better fly first class to France and rent a Bentley with a driver ....it will be cheaper.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:47 PM

Well, that sucks Crepes Suzettes...I'm sure a mirror replacement will be in order.

Why did you dump the Benz? was it getting expensive to maintain?...I Had a 1992 300E from new, for 12 years and it was only in the shop for wheel alignments..and motor mounts...Loved that car.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Jmm

I am not so much into crépes suzette, rather prefer a good crème brulée, apart of those gastronomics ( does this word exists?) considerations...

I dumped the Benz because I was willing to change for the new model and I did'nt liked it at all. This new thing about the gear box ( 7 gears) is awfull in the city, you just spend your time going from second to third and back again!! furthermore the new interior is far too much for this type of car so...I bought the H3

abt 99% of my friends consider me totally nuts and the remaining 1%... doesn't speak to me anymore ( not to mention my wife) only the kids are delighted... and me.

by the way I found the solution abt the mirror, in fact you have to wait abt. 5 seconds till the °F starts flashing and then you depress the on/off button once again to change to °C.
So much for the very clear explanation in the GM booklet!

do you know some good web site where I can buy accessories for the HUMMER because in France, forget it. GM has NOTHING.

and by the way, I also have JAGUAR, an XJR 2004 black/black WR prepared (510 hp) so we have at least two things in common.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 PM

Well perhaps your friends and the 1%, feel like you have turned American, as the HUMMER is the Number 1 American icon for SUVs....Besides, they are probably just jealous of you...Your kids seem like they have the good sense to appreciate a hell of a nice vehicle

PS..You must post some pictures of your Jag

Quick Reply: why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?