PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Jmm
Default why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?

Here in France, where I Live, the H3 cost abt 61k€ ( add abt. 30% to convert in US$).
furthermore the H2 cost abt. 98k€ and the H1 150K€.

I just bought a H3 last week and I learned that we are only about 85 owners in all France!

no wonder!!

I don't really understand GM pricing strategy.
by the way, petrol cost here 1.4 € PER LITER!

jm.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?

Welcome to our forum!

That is very steep. So with the conversion done at 30%, the H3 is approximately $78,000 US? That is rediculous. I wonder if that is because of the price to import them, or just the dealers taking advantage of the fact they are hard to get.

Are they available in many places, or are they hard to find?

Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 AM

Its probably the same reason why Benzies and Beemers are expensive over here

Old 10-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Jmm

Hi,
no, they are not available, I waited 4 months to get mine.

they are imported directly by GM France so... they must be the ones making the fat margin!

anyway, here in Europe, no one really know HUMMER except in Germany where the importer is very agressive (GEIGER) and where the H3 cost abt 50k$

Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee is also much more in Europe, about the same price as M-Class. That's what you get for buying one of those fancy, luxury imports!

BTW, that's still a better deal than buying US bluejeans in Europe. Over here they're about $25 but last time I was in Stuttagardt the same jeans were over $100 US.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM

the way France supported the USA.....I mean hid in fear...US made vehicles should cost a fortune over there.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:33 PM

Ever price California wine in France?? I suspect most of the H3 increase is duties and taxes. How does it compare with Japanese-made (vs Japanese brand cars)? The EU gives European-made cars a huge advantage, but non-EU cars still face taxes and duties that amount to little more than old fashioned, pre-WTO protective tariffs. Since no French mfrs import cars into the US, reciprocity isn't an incentive with France.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:36 PM

A company formed between a Chinese (manufacturer I can't think of their name) in partnership with Renault (France) and Rover (British) to build the new MG here in Oklahoma (USA)..how cool is that?

READ THIS

Old 10-04-2006, 02:38 AM
Jmm

ORIGINAL: importkiller

the way France supported the USA.....I mean hid in fear...US made vehicles should cost a fortune over there.
hey, I believed that this forum was about HUMMER not politics!

but let me answer to your comment:

1/ Make no mistake, and do not believe that the French gov. position reflects the French PEOPLE decision!

2/ I don't believe that we 'hid in fear' but I think that we were not willing to support all the BS the BUSH administration was saying about weapon of mass destruction that wasn't existing.

I don't know how you leave with the fact that your President just lie to your people just to pursue a personal 'vendetta'.

3/ quicking SADAMM butt was right, the way it has been done by the USA was wrong and counter productive. See the results!!

Last, but certainly not least, most of the french people like and support American people but we just not ALWAYS share the same point of view.

could we go back back to HUMMER now?

Old 10-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Jmm

ORIGINAL: SedonaBoundH3

Ever price California wine in France?? I suspect most of the H3 increase is duties and taxes. How does it compare with Japanese-made (vs Japanese brand cars)? The EU gives European-made cars a huge advantage, but non-EU cars still face taxes and duties that amount to little more than old fashioned, pre-WTO protective tariffs. Since no French mfrs import cars into the US, reciprocity isn't an incentive with France.

No, I think your'e wrong,
Import duties and taxes on cars are extremely low in France and the Japanese cars are not more expensive in Europe than in the US.

I believe that the HUMMER brand strategie in Europe is to be positionned within the 'premium' segment.

The H3 price is about 25% higher than the GRAND CHEROKEE.

I have heard that GM is planning to built a brand new factory in SOUTH AFRICA for building all the HUMMER sold outside the US. so, despite of the price the should be selling quite well.

Quick Reply: why hummer is so expensive in France compared to the U.s. of A ?