PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V8 engine swap, 4 banger out 8 cylenders in (Colorado) Same platform as you guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Well according to his very first post he did go to Mash Motors.

"Now, I don't knowendorsement rules here, so I will just say that I sent it to a certain Hummer Wizard in Wichita. He's better known for H2 turbodiesel swaps, and he's developed a great business taking the left over 6.0 motors and putting them in H3's. This is the first time he's done an LS2, and I put him through the wringer. He did an AWESOME job. He is the best auto guy I have ever dealt with."

Mash Motors Inc
Wichita, KS
I know but on Ls1 tech he says he used Current performance harness and that they had to get a harness out of the wrecker for the somtuo connectors. I think his was one of the first ones Mash did?? And maybe they now use either there own, or a new GM harness.

Maybe the current harness didn't work, and Mash did something different, or Mash still uses CP harness and just tells everyone the use GM so they don't give there secrete away!

I am not sure if Mash was the link I scene doing H3 swaps for 18,500, but if so that was not a stock GM harness they go over the top, not a round the back of the intake, and from what I can tell they are using Vortec motors, which use different injectors, so they so they would have had to modify the GM harness if that's what they used.

To me I can't see why using a stock hummer I5 harness and new V8 connectors, or a donor V8 harness would work. But I still need to do some research on these somuto connectors. I think they are on either the transfer case or the hydro boost brakes you have. Either way they could be used from the stock I5 harness. Not sure why they needed a spare harness from the wrecker maybe for less down time? So they could build the harness in advance.

so far the major differences I see between the 355 and 345 are;
-TPMS tire pressure monitor system implemented in 06 on H3s?? and 07 on 355s?

-Looks like the H3 may use the T42 trans module right from the 06 year?? verses 355 08 and up??

Anyway enough rambling... speculation, I don't want to get in trouble for saying the thing or giving out wrong info. Definitely some differences between the 355 and 345 you are right about that!! Seems like all the new and upgraded stuff goes to the 345 H3 First!!! Than to the 355s

Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 AM

Correction the harness does go over the top of the motor, it still doens't look like the factory hummer motor. Also they are using the 6.0 vortec motor which is most likely, the cast iron version, and they would need some changes, to work with the newer V8 computer, they are also cast iron blocks for the most part as opposed to the factory 5.3 LH8, LH6, LH9, LM6 I believe are all aluminum block motors. Around 80 lbs lighter.

I am curious what the big black box thing is in the passenger side just be hind the air filter?

Mash Motors Inc. | Wichita Diesel Conversions | The World Leader in Duramax Diesel Conversionso

Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM

hi there my name is kenny and i have a reg cab xtreme i am putting a 440 lsx in i all ready have had current performance to make harness and i have every thing but what i need to know is if i used the motor mounts from 09 and newer mounts do you think the trailblazer ss headers would work and i am needing to run 1 7"8 headers i buy wrecked cars n trucks and i got a 2010 v8 colorado that i pulled apart and put every thing in a excab colorado xtreme if you would like to talk my cell is 979 436 6846 or message back or text

Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 PM

thought this was a hummer forum?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 AM

Ummmm...

Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by kenny08
hi there my name is kenny and i have a reg cab xtreme i am putting a 440 lsx in i all ready have had current performance to make harness and i have every thing but what i need to know is if i used the motor mounts from 09 and newer mounts do you think the trailblazer ss headers would work and i am needing to run 1 7"8 headers i buy wrecked cars n trucks and i got a 2010 v8 colorado that i pulled apart and put every thing in a excab colorado xtreme if you would like to talk my cell is 979 436 6846 or message back or text
I regret posting at all on this forum admin is welcome to delete all my threads and posts, I never meant to harm anyone, I didn't mean to create enemies. Please except my apology for posting Colorado and Canyon info in a hummer site. I love the Big brother (Hummer H3) there a so many differences between the two platforms.. I'm sorry for confusing them.