PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PASSLOCK! Chevy Colorado guys have a fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Default PASSLOCK! Chevy Colorado guys have a fix

I have read so much about I want to vomit. My 2006 H3 base with 97,000 that I bought at a dealer last week made me 30 min late to work today because it took 3 waiting periods to start at the gas station. NEWROCKIES seems to be the only good bypass. I'm to broke to fix it the right way now after forking out the down payment. And it's almost impossible to purchase a warranty. But I have read in the Chevy Colorado Forum about cutting the white with blue striped wire under the steering column at the big 10-15 wire , white connector while the car is running. Seems to completely bypass but leaves the "locked" light on when the car is running. Why isn't that fix in these forums? Should work the same for Hummer rite?

Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 AM

I think you should do that and let all of us know how well it works. If it does we will be all thankful for a solution you found

Old 02-03-2015, 06:35 AM

I guess i've never had an issue, what is the pass lock?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:50 AM

PASSLOCK is the security system that measures resistance through the key to ensure its the actual key for your vehicle. It then passes the signal through a couple security computers and finally should allow your car to start. However tons on people have issues where it loses signal somewhere in the system and locks up the fuel injectors making you wait 10 minutes before attempting again. This may repeat. Lots of bypasses and half *** fixes for this. None defined as the final fix. It's $1000 to have repaired and will fail again in the future.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:53 AM

http://coloradofans.com/forums/67-technical-questions-tips-how/142238-how-permanently-disable-passlock-ii-system.html#/forumsite/20670/topics/142238

This is the chevy Colorado thread that's 3 years long. Looks like it bypasses with the snip of one wire. Only drawback, the PASSLOCK warning light will be forever on.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AR15wheeler
http://coloradofans.com/forums/67-technical-questions-tips-how/142238-how-permanently-disable-passlock-ii-system.html#/forumsite/20670/topics/142238

This is the chevy Colorado thread that's 3 years long. Looks like it bypasses with the snip of one wire. Only drawback, the PASSLOCK warning light will be forever on.
There are fixes discussed here, but it requires use of the elusive SEARCH feature.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:14 AM

Bet u have been waiting all week to use that one. Im proud. Here's the textbook response .... 30 threads with 20 different "fixes", none of which deemed best or cheapest or easiest or permanent. Maybe NEWROCKIES is permanent. I've done tons of reading on the subject, is there a thread I missed? Educate me.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:44 PM

I cut the wire. Then I started it several times with the PASSLOCK light on solid. ok so far. I will install a switch on that wire in case I ever get a new ignition and control box.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:05 AM

This might be completely irrelevant, but ever since I stopped using my key fob (it snapped off my key ring) to lock my doors I haven't had a single passlock problem.

I now lock the doors with the door panel button and use my key to unlock. Btw, I used to struggle with the passlock issue in the cold weather when I used my key fob.

That is all.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:36 AM

Ha! Doesn't surprise me at all. Just goes to show that there's like twenty different things involved. That's why in so many cases somebody performs some fix and a couple months later it's back. It was important to me that regardless if I was going to repair or bypass the PASSLOCK I needed to seek advice that went full circle. The thread I linked has people check in after 2 years still with no issues. I realize fixing is better than bypassing. However this is a bad design. For me, just 86 that ish!

Quick Reply: PASSLOCK! Chevy Colorado guys have a fix