PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unusual buzzing/humming after PCMForLess tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Default Unusual buzzing/humming after PCMForLess tune

Hey, guys, I'm just curious if anyone has experienced any strange noises in the engine bay after a PCMForLess tune. I just noticed it on mine after reinstalling the PCM and TCM. After the initial startup I ran the engine for 60 seconds or so and then shut it off again but with the hood still up I noticed a somewhat faint mechanical humming or buzzing noise, almost like the sound of a bad bearing in a very small electric fan. I waited over five minutes and it hadn't stopped yet. Anyone know what this might be? Keep in mind that this may not be related to the tune whatsoever and I have only great things to say about PCMForLess like basically everyone else. It's certainly possible that this is normal and occurred with the factory setup as well but that I simply never noticed it before now.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

If I remember right (and that is no sure thing) you have an I5, they make some funny sounds that seem to be louder or stranger with the hood up. So, I'll go with coincidence and say it was there all along?

I hope so anyway.