PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transfer Case Fluid Level

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
GM should come out with an adapter so you can swap the sensor with the drain/fill plug???
That would take a major redesign. The speed sensor needs to be located where it can get a reading off the speed sensor tone ring, mounted inside the t/case.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
My TC has a green sticker or mark by the fill port so if it goes to the dealer (not likely) they should (again, not likely?) know to check. I'm going to use a paint pen to add the instructions to the TC by the fill plug so if it goes to the local Jiffy Quick Lube place again and the kid decides to check fluids he might then know why all that "excess" fluid was in there (and hopefully put it back in! ) Grrr!

I have heard that the low fluid in the TC is a problem if you are out wheelin in 4Lo, not as much for normal use?
Green sticker was used to notify the dealer that the vehicle was shipped from the plant with the correct amount of fluid. 06 vehicles without the green sticker needed fluid added by the dealer. Most techs will have no idea what the green sticker knows now.

They need to read the manual for the correct procedure, unless they do a lot of these.

It is correct. If the vehicle is never off-roaded, there is a good chance the shift forks will not receive any damage.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

If the vehicle is never off-roaded, there is a good chance the shift forks will not receive any damage.
i would guess that low juice could be a problem for rotating parts,anywhere,any time.

i would think that the plastic forks broke mainly because they were plastic.