Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   To trade or not to trade...that is the question????? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/trade-not-trade-question-12270/)

H34 pleasure 05-30-2008 09:12 PM

RE: To trade or not to trade...that is the question?????

I looked at an H2 and the dealer wouldn't give me a fare price for my 07 H3...which only has 11,000 miles on it...he wanted to give me way less then I paid for it.[:@]..Hopefully I will find the right dealer.

Good luck Solorflare..let us know how you make out...maybe the next time we meet..we will both be driving an H2.:D

HummBob 05-30-2008 10:34 PM

I'd DO IT!!!!

OnAll4s 05-31-2008 08:21 AM

We didn't test drive a H3 last month when we went looking for a new rig so I have no clue in a side by side or trade. I can tell you we had no intentions of buying a H2, and only took one for a test drive just to see what's it's all about. After pulling off the lot for a test drive, the choice wasn't to buy an H2 or not, it was what color H2 to buy! (I wanted the yellow, and as you can below what color my wife wanted. lol)

I have never seen a H3 up close so I can't say about a trade. But after knowing what I know about the H2 (how it drives, rides, feels, and looks) We will ALWAYS own one. If you have drove the H2 you are thinking about trading for, and it just feels right.. Go for it!!

Paul

3hummers 05-31-2008 08:42 AM

Decisions, decisions....can't go wrong. You like your H3 and I know you would like the H2 also. You should drive it to see what you think about it. Whatever you do you will love your ride and I think be happy with the decision. Not the worst dilemma to have.

calif phil 05-31-2008 08:56 AM

I would do the swap. You can purchase an aftermarket extended warranty but do your homework on them because there are probably only a few good ones. You might want to check and see if the H2 fits in your garage. I had to adjust my garage door up to make mine fit. I love my H2 and cant see myself driving anything else.

Muddydawg75 05-31-2008 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

Sounds like to me, you have the itch and you have to scratch it!!
[:o]

solarflare 06-02-2008 08:20 PM

I'm joining the dark side and probably will have a Deuce in my driveway by tomorrow evening....I'll post pics asap!!!!:)

NEFirewood 06-02-2008 09:05 PM

I have only owned an H2 for about a month, but I have really piled on some miles in that month ;). It's really quite a nice vehicle to sit in and just drive anywhere. One nice thing about an H2 is that it's easy to find in a parking lot since it's so large and there are not many of them. That's what I like about this vehicle is that there are not many of them on the road.I don't like to show off, but I do like having a fairly unique vehicle.

When I was out car shopping I came this close to buying a Jeep Rubicon -->|<--. It was nice, brand new, and the dealer looked like he would have bent himself into 5 pieces to sell it. After I said no, he seemed like a shark in the water smelling blood. I got calls at work, at home, you name it. Every day asking me to reconsider and buy the Jeep, but that totally turned me off to the whole Jeep buying experience. I almost jumped, but I held back and came across Hummers almost unexpectedly.

We also have2 differentplaces right near my home that specializes in custom Jeeps. I have to give them credit for making some really nice machines. They take a stock Jeep and customize it (lift kit, off road tires, etc). In the end thier prices are very enticing as well. In the end I may still end up owning a Jeep. Even knowing that, if I were handed the keys and said choose one, I would pick the H2 hands down. A comfortable 4 wheel drive (which seems almost like an oxymoron) plus every creature comfort in existance is really hard to pass up.

pteam 06-03-2008 12:21 AM

yea I have an aftermarket extended warranty for my porsche through GE , you can get one through them.

bmbenear 06-03-2008 10:14 AM

Traded my 07 H3 Adventure with 8000 miles for a 07 H2 SUT Luxury withabout the same mileageabout three months ago. I think I made a good trade. My personal opinion is the H2 is much a much better ride. Lots more room inside and lots more comfort features.Mileage isn't that much difference.

DO IT!