PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by smigelskijk
Wfturner how hard was the install?
Th instructions are pretty straight forward and there are several steps that must be followed
There is no cutting of any stock wires, a true plug and play system. You even keep your original halogen headlight housings for back up or to sell.
These lights are not cheap, but most who have them swear they are worth the expense
3.5 times as much light as halogens is a sight to behold at night and of course 50 state legal

Old 07-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Th instructions are pretty straight forward and there are several steps that must be followed
There is no cutting of any stock wires, a true plug and play system. You even keep your original halogen headlight housings for back up or to sell.
These lights are not cheap, but most who have them swear they are worth the expense
3.5 times as much light as halogens is a sight to behold at night and of course 50 state legal
Which brand do you have on your truck and do you know where to purchase them from?

Old 07-03-2012, 09:09 AM

I have the STARR HID headlight system - HID, headlights, headlamps, Xenon, Hummer, Peterbilt, Kenworth, DOT compliant

I bought mine years ago from Teaka Toys - Hummer Accessories,H1,H2,H3,H3T, Jeep Accessories, Ford Raptor Accessories
If you shop around you can find slightly better deals. It just varies

Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by wfturner
I have the STARR HID headlight system - HID, headlights, headlamps, Xenon, Hummer, Peterbilt, Kenworth, DOT compliant

I bought mine years ago from Teaka Toys - Hummer Accessories,H1,H2,H3,H3T, Jeep Accessories, Ford Raptor Accessories
If you shop around you can find slightly better deals. It just varies
Have you had good luck with Teak a Toys? I have been having issues trying to get the smoked turn signal lenses from them made by IPCW

Old 07-03-2012, 01:37 PM

It has been a long time since I have dealt with Teaka Toys. They were pretty straight forward with me back in 07.
I you need any other specifics you can PM me and give me your e-mail address.

Like I said, other online retailers may have slight deals on these lights.
You can also call STARR directly and ask them too
Some other forum buddies have called places and gotten deals over the phone after talking to sales or tech people. If that trick saves you $50 or $100, it is certainly worth a try
Good Luck