PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tailgating. Is it just me??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Default RE: Tailgating. Is it just me??

Seen those things before .. I believe they use a set of spark plugs in the tips of the exhaust .. raw gas is then like you said pumped through the engine which obviously isn't good in the long run .. washes oil off the pistons .. plus I believe the CAT may dislike too :-) When the button is pushed the spark plugs ignite the fuel and out the flame shoots along with the exhaust fumes .. at least thats how I've seen other kits work.
I would assume the fuel going through the engine does so due to no spark within a particular cylinder, I'm not 100% sure .. I personally wouldn't touch that crap with a ten foot pole and fire suit .. I like my truck and this ain't good for it!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:43 AM

I installed a set ofsomething similiaron my buddies show car, there is a spark plug that goes into the exhaust near the tip, and we also installed a nozzle thingin the exhaust pipe around 10" behind the spark plug. An inline fuel pump was ran to a secondary line going to the tank. When you hit the button the fuel pump pumped gas to the nozzel and also fired up the spark plug....not the safest thing in the world but it's friggen cool!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 AM

That would certainly be a much better solution .. though I doubt Johnny Law appreciates the technical critique when he slaps the handcuffs on ya for lighting the car behind you on fire .. those things are NOT street legal LOL!

Old 01-23-2007, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

RDEHANN.......your in NJ? Come on now...in NJ if you ain't tailgatin....you ain't drivin!! Why do you think damn near every poll has NJ in the top 3 of most dangerous places to drive in the country!!! doin 45 in a 40?!?!?! I'd of laid on the horn till you moved....or passed you when I got room....no room for laid back drivers in NJ
Unfortunately, NJ is at the top of a lot of lists these days (highest property taxes, high car insurance rates, political corruption, and more). I thought NJ was bad, but after driving in Michigan I have to believe MI is at the top of the most dangerous places to drive list. With 70 MPH limits on the interstates, the average speed seems to be 85, and people drive like Johnny Law moved out of state.

Maybe I'm a laid-back driver because I'm old . Or maybe it's because of the high insurance rates in Jersey. AllI know is that driving just over the speed limit is a lot less stressful than having to keep a close watch for the law constantly. Blast your horn, I'll pull over and let you by anytime.

A nice thing about the Hummer, whether or notpeople ride too close behind, they at least seem to stay outof your way. I haven't had anyone pull out in front of me (yet).

[/quote]
When I installed my backup sensors I made em active all the time, not just in reverse. I actually works fairly well to avoid those little misshaps .. that and it's a pretty good tailgating notification as it starts at about 8 feet with a slow beep and works it's way up to a steady LOUD tone at1 or so feet or less. ZYNE
Zyne, This sounds like an interesting feature to have. You installed this yourself? Was it very difficult? My wife's vehicle has these built-in to the rear bumper, but I think they only work when in reverse. It might be worth looking in to adding something like this to the H2.

Mr. Clean,

I wish...

Old 01-23-2007, 02:35 PM

This is what I got and it works good..

Reverse Sensor

Old 01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

MORE Proof that younger ladies really do love big Hummers............................

And yes, around here (Chicago) it sure is more youner women then anything. I also told my wife that and she actually agreed with me, about the tailgaiting that is............

Old 01-23-2007, 03:36 PM

The most difficult part of the install was taking a drill to my bumper LOL! I had help with the wiring on this but I believe they are supposed to tie in to the reverse light wiring as a queue to turn on ... I believe we used a always on lead instead, I really can't recall almost 4 years back LOL!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

RDEHANN.......your in NJ? Come on now...in NJ if you ain't tailgatin....you ain't drivin!! Why do you think damn near every poll has NJ in the top 3 of most dangerous places to drive in the country!!! doin 45 in a 40?!?!?! I'd of laid on the horn till you moved....or passed you when I got room....no room for laid back drivers in NJ
You just ain't whistling Dixie...I dive through Jersey to get to Manhatten on I- 80 usually between 5:45 and 6:15 AM...the unfortunant part is my bus is governed at 72 and I am alway getting the horn and the finger for going too slow.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Default ENGINE HEAD CONCERNS... OR IS IT JUST ME

IS IT JUST ME OUR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED THAT THE H3 HUMMER HAS A POORLY DESIGNED HEAD SYSTEM.... ? SHOULD THIS NOT BE A RECALL, DID I NOT BUY A VEHICLE THAT SHOULD LAST MUCH LONGER THAN WARENTTEE KMS? OR MILES? PLEASE VOICE YOUR CONCERNS IN ISSUE

Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Default RIMS LOOKING OXIDIZED? OR CLEAR COTE PEALING?

HUMMER H3'S WITH STOCK TYPE RIMS ... NOT THE CHROME ONES BUT THE ONES THAT LOOKED MACHINED. DOES THE CLEAR COTE PROTECTENT SEEM TO BE PRETTY THIN AND ALLOW FOR LOTS OF PREMATURE CHIPPING AND OXIDATION.

Quick Reply: Tailgating. Is it just me??