PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tailgating. Is it just me??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Default RE: Tailgating. Is it just me??

Their just checkin out your rig.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 AM

you need one of these kits it will solve your problem

http://www.eatmyflames.com/

Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 AM

RDEHANN.......your in NJ? Come on now...in NJ if you ain't tailgatin....you ain't drivin!! Why do you think damn near every poll has NJ in the top 3 of most dangerous places to drive in the country!!! doin 45 in a 40?!?!?! I'd of laid on the horn till you moved....or passed you when I got room....no room for laid back drivers in NJ

Old 01-21-2007, 04:54 PM

It's a daily treat for me ... I ended up stopping in the middle of a parking garage Saturday night because a chick in Lexus SUV damn near hit me 3-4 times. Walked over to her truck and told her I would appreciate if she could get her front bumper at least a foot away from my rear bumper and there was no need to be THAT close. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get THAT pissed off and scream names at me for something like that. She did back off though ...
I personally can't stand it, there's no fricken need for it and it won't make me go any faster .. if anything I'll slow down and hover right at the speed limit ..

Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

I am not sure if I get tailgated more in the H3, but I definitely mind it more as they disappear from my view in my mirrors.

As a side note: I was at the airport last week. I was at the toll barrier leaving, but it wasn't working. Checked the mirrors, and began slowly backing up to use the other barrier. Well, I never heard a crunch or felt resistance, but I did hear the horn of the BMW as the driver noticed I was crunching their front end. I got a scratch on my license plate. I was so amazed at the damage on the BMW and nothing on the H3. I was also amazed I felt nothing and could see nothing. This weekend I am in the process of adding a HitchCAM so maybe now I can watch the tailgaters and look out for BMWs.

It sort of annoys me that I haven't had an accident since I was a kid. Now with my $40K vehicle with p*** poor visibile that HUMMER could not have at least offered us an add on for collision avoidance. Grrr. Okay setting off my soap box and returning this thread to the discussion of tailgating.

Happy trails all.
When I installed my backup sensors I made em active all the time, not just in reverse. I actually works fairly well to avoid those little misshaps .. that and it's a pretty good tailgating notification as it starts at about 8 feet with a slow beep and works it's way up to a steady LOUD tone at1 or so feet or less.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 PM

i find it quite comical when they are tailgating and we come to a red light I slip it in reverse so my back up lights come on until it turns green then i shift back in to drive and go. this get interesting results...[:@]

Old 01-21-2007, 11:01 PM

give them something to read i put this in my third brake light

[IMG]local://upfiles/1624/3116E3C9F42B42F1843F0FB86EB88454.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 12:27 AM

In my truck at work I could care less if you tailgate me. Infact, if you slam into me,I might not even know it and go dragging you smashed up butt around town for a while. In my personal vehicles,I will pull over if someone is on my donkey andI feel I am speeding a sufficiant amount to get whereI want to be, but not fast enough to catch jonny Law's attention. I figure, "Let them get the ticket. Besides, as long as they are going that fast, I can go a little faster and be safe from the law."

Old 01-22-2007, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: azz7772

you need one of these kits it will solve your problem

http://www.eatmyflames.com/
Cool! Are these for real?!! This could be fun.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Nor sure if I understand where the fuel comes from for the flame..I know for a fact that the exhaust is a lot of CO and CO2..Nothing left to burn...If the ignition is interuppted then switched back on with an exhaust system full of raw gas...you could blow the whole damn thing up or at least damage something.

Quick Reply: Tailgating. Is it just me??