PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sucking sound with a big popping sound at shut down

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Default RE: Sucking sound with a big popping sound at shut down

could be coincidence. you could have maybe pulled a vaccum line of when doing the switch. Some of those things you would hardly notice unless you were looking for them. Other than that I would probably make an appt with the dealer.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:23 PM

I'm not sure about the K&N setup but did the filter have like an oily goop on it and if so did you sponge it off well, if not you might of got some of this goop on your sensor, again like I said I'm not familiar with K&N but the True Flow is like this when you receive it and thats the first thing you have to do before installing the filter.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 PM

I am not sure what the MAF is, I can gues that its the Mass Air Sensor. That I know is seated properly and not leaking. I will disconnect the battery for the 30 mins and see what that does. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:29 PM

The filter was factory oiled and just perfect. Not to much or to little. I have used K&N for years. Never a problem like this before. But I'm going to clean the MAF and keep the battery disconnected for a few. Back in a bit, let you know whats up. Thanks for all the help.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:37 PM

I took out the MAF and it is completely dry. Should I still bother with cleaning it? Looks danty...

Old 02-10-2008, 09:14 PM

Ok, I hooked everything back up. The CEL is gone, but the sucking sound and springy sounding pop is still there. I wonder if it has always done this and I never noticed before the CEL came on. Anyone else ever hear that right when the engine is cut off?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM

The sucking sound is pretty normal after putting the K&N FIPK on. You hear the airflow way more and way louder. The popping on the other hand is a mystery. Are you sure you got all of the hoses and wires and lines put back on? There is a plastic "bolt" you need to install in the intake tubethat is for afuel pressure regulator vent hose. Did you put that plastic "bolt" in? How about thecrankcase venthose that hooks to the intake tube and then to the valve cover?? Check these instructions carefully and make sure you did them all correctly. http://images.autoanything.com/image..._n/57-3043.pdf

If the popping sound persists, I would do what Impy said and replace the stock box and filter and take it into the dealer. Good luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM

I did put the black plug in, as I have no vacuum fuel pressure sensor. I guess I'll just make an appointment in the morning. Thanks guys.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Did you check the crankcase vent hose? Spray some starting fluid around each of the connections and if the motor idle changes speeds, you have a leak.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 PM

yes it does, but the hose is still on. Maybe it needs hose clamps or something. I guess I can try to hear if that is where the sound is coming from. Weird

Quick Reply: Sucking sound with a big popping sound at shut down