PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sogar in gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Default Sogar in gas tank

Can any one tell me what to do about sugar and other crud in my H-2 fuel tank. Seems some one decided to pour sugar and some thing else into my gas cap and neck I found at least half a dozen sugar cubes and some kind of liquid in and around the filler cap.
Ihave bought a locking gas cap now but am not sure on what I should do about the fuel tank.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. My 03 H-2 was my present to my self after servince in Afghanistan and as you can guess money is now a bit tight.

Thanks for any suggestions

Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 AM

First of all...DON'T START THE ENGINE.
The tank will have to be removed and cleaned including the fuel filter in the tank and the fuel lines should probably be removed and flushed. If you can't do it yourself have it towed to a shop.
The first thing I put on my H2 when I bought it was a locking gas cap. I hope you can find the sick SOB that did it. Don't know if law enforcement can help you...fingerprints, etc.
Good luck and GOD bless you for your service to our country
________
Missionary Sex Videos

Last edited by olfart; 04-03-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:03 AM

I would replace the fuel pump once you take the tank out. Buy a quality pump like a Delphi unit. Maybe you can turn it in to your insurance co. If you take it to a dealer and they pull the tank, replace the pump and filter, clean the injectors it will be enough money that it might be worth filing a claim with your ins. co.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Definitely have it towed to the dealer. You also need to file a police report and contact your insurer.

I would think what the person did to your vehicle would be a felony considering the cost to repair, so file that police report and follow up with them on it.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Thank's for the input.
I'll see about pulling the tank. As for the police, they said there่s nothing they can do. Happens alot around here as dovehicle break ins. Mostly teenagers looking for change or CD's. Insurance will do nothing but put my rates up. So it looks like pull the tank and do a good cleanning.

Cheers Malcolm