PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

So I had a little time to kill...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Default RE: So I had a little time to kill...

so, how many times did you dyna-cut yourself? as an installer for 10 years, i still have scars.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 AM

Crushem, Your Rig is TIGHT!!!!Name:  smile13.gif
Views: 38
Size:  14.9 KB

Old 07-20-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

have some buzzing?

Nothing more than the average truck. (Roof marker lights notwithstanding)

Call it preventive maintenence for the audio system that's going in. I'd hate to get everything buttoned up only to have a rattle/vibration, etc. The entire interior will be done...

Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM

Okay I see...Good Idea...that Dynamat is awesome stuff

Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Anyone figure out a way to dynomat the rear floor? I dynomatted the hell out of my previous car. Remember it can add a lot of weight to your ride.

Not yet, but as soon as I figure out how to remove the rear sill plate, the rear floor from behind the front seats to the rear hatch will be done. I'm not a fan of laying Dynamat, but it does make a huge difference in the interior noise floor.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: jmgriffin2000

so, how many times did you dyna-cut yourself? as an installer for 10 years, i still have scars.
You got that right. The foil look innocent but it cuts like hell. Use gloves!!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Crushem

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Anyone figure out a way to dynomat the rear floor? I dynomatted the hell out of my previous car. Remember it can add a lot of weight to your ride.

Not yet, but as soon as I figure out how to remove the rear sill plate, the rear floor from behind the front seats to the rear hatch will be done. I'm not a fan of laying Dynamat, but it does make a huge difference in the interior noise floor.
I'll send you a Happy Meal coupon if you post pic on how to access the rear floor for dynomatting!!

Old 07-28-2007, 05:29 AM

ORIGINAL: jmgriffin2000

Only once while doing the rear door, and it was a clip that got me. Although I've got the typical installer scars from doing this stuff for years. I worked as an installer for 6 years, but have been involved in the industry in various positions over the last 19 years...

Old 07-28-2007, 05:46 AM

This thread is turning into a work log of sorts... Hope that's okay.

Got the alarm with auto start installed. Nothing beats coming out of the house into a nice cool vehicle. Will prove mighty worthy this winter. Not much to take pictures of, plus I didn't feel the need to show where the various alarm components are mounted.

Next, I moved to the dash and got the head unit installed. Went with the new Alpine IVA-W205. So far it has preformed as well as any other Alpine I've owned, which is flawlessly. Connected the W205 to a few extras, including a TUA-T020XM XM tuner, a CHA-S634 6 disk changer, a KCE-422i IPod cable, and a PMD-DOK1adapter to let me use the PMD-B100T Blackbird nav with the touchscreen.

Still have a few things to button up with the deck, like adding a TV tuner, back-up camera, and swapping the Blackbird for the newer version that docks inside, but progress is being made.

Name:  AlpineW20504.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  51.4 KB

Old 07-28-2007, 05:48 AM

Another shot of the head unit. Looks much better than the factory deck it had, and better than a single din that I tried out (the pocket on the install kit looked cheap).

Name:  AlpineW20507.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  55.6 KB

Quick Reply: So I had a little time to kill...