PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Smoked cab lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Default RE: Smoked cab lights

Ahh crap, I could've sworn that was #500 ... LOL!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 AM

You had yours installed for you, correct!? Any idea how the middle lenses come off and how the hell did they get to em in the front. Shy of using some sort of scaffolding there ain't no way in hell I'm getting to the middle lens in the front LOL!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

You had yours installed for you, correct!? Any idea how the middle lenses come off and how the hell did they get to em in the front. Shy of using some sort of scaffolding there ain't no way in hell I'm getting to the middle lens in the front LOL!!!!
Actually, I did them myself. I'm 6'3 so I only had to use a step stool. I'll find the diagram on removing them and post in a little while. I gotta run and pick up my Nephew from school!!

Old 01-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Don't put yourself out on my behalf, they won't be here until tomorrow You're just a wee bit shorter than me then ... I shouldn't have any issues .. then again .. if those things are on as tight as that @#$%!@#$!@#$ fuel filler bucket I fought with for hours and hours I'm in for yet another treat ... LOL!

Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Don't put yourself out on my behalf, they won't be here until tomorrow You're just a wee bit shorter than me then ... I shouldn't have any issues .. then again .. if those things are on as tight as that @#$%!@#$!@#$ fuel filler bucket I fought with for hours and hours I'm in for yet another treat ... LOL!

They are a bitch unless you do them right. Here is the deal:

Old 01-17-2007, 05:58 PM

I figured it had to be something along these lines since there are no screws in the center lenses ... thanks for giving me a picture of what I need todo just prior to falling off the step stool ... LOL!
I can't wait to see the end results ... Now I just need some nice side markers and the turn signals .... Have you seen the IPCW side markers in person!? Noy sure if I like the metal(??) surrounds on em ...

Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM

I figured it had to be something along these lines since there are no screws in the center lenses ... thanks for giving me a picture of what I need todo just prior to falling off the step stool ... LOL!
I can't wait to see the end results ... Now I just need some nice side markers and the turn signals .... Have you seen the IPCW side markers in person!? Noy sure if I like the metal(??) surrounds on em ...
Yeah, I don't know if i like the side markers??? I'm happy with the OEM ones. I have these bezels(which I like alot):

But you gotta get these. They're also made by IPCW:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/IPCLEDC348CS (This is BY FAR the cheapest I've seen them, I paid like $149 for my clear ones)

I have the CLEAR LED's, and I think they look AWESOME. They still light up amber at night:

Old 01-18-2007, 08:01 AM

Bob, upon carefull consideration, I think you should get rid of the brush guard. You could sell it to someone on this forum like................oh...........I donno.............me.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Ohh yeah, trust me, the smoked turn signal lenses are already on my to buy list I wouldn't mind going with the smoked out lenses across the board so I've called my paint guy to see what he will charge to custom smoke my remaining marker light lenses as well as the stock tail lights. I had him do my tails on the SRT-10 and as long as I provided the paint he did em both for $40. That included a couple of coats of clear over the paint as well ... Would be nice to get an additional set of lenses and tails and just dump em off at the shop ... e-bay time ...

Old 01-18-2007, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

Bob, upon carefull consideration, I think you should get rid of the brush guard. You could sell it to someone on this forum like................oh...........I donno.............me.

BTW, did you get that diecast??

Quick Reply: Smoked cab lights