PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I trade

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM

FYI I don't want to sound hard-headed about this I'm just trying my best to do best to myself, I appreciate all the input and you guys taking your time.

So please don't take it as if i'm blowing you guys off because I appreciate all your input, and your knowledge of the vehicles

Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM

grant it i was in indiana at the time, but i picked up my 04 H2 for 18k. it has 40k miles on it and i am the second owner. i was based in NC for a few years before i picked mine up. about a year ago i was looking at a nice yellow one there, but unfortunately i missed the chance to buy it. whats your hurry with the purchase? i would suggest taking at least another couples of weeks just to see what pops up.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 PM

That's a good deal, but i don't plan to leave the state for one haha, and I've seriously looked around for about 2 years now, I've passed up some pretty good ones, and been fortunate enough to get away from some badly messed up ones.

Yea this one has it's problems, and yea it will cost some time and money to get it in very good shape but I'm wondering if it will be better in the long run then a tahoe with 30k miles more

It still has oem type tierods I saw when I looked at it today, I can't imagine anyone actually offroading with those, so I believe the tires and lights are for looks rather then offroading, but anything can happen.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Tell the dealer you will pay his asking price if he fixes all of the problems. If he says no. Maybe he would split the cost with you. I would also get a mechanic to check it out. Looks really nice other than the dent.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 PM

Yea..

Today I went and looked at it and the rear seat I noticed had a rip about and inch long coming down from the head rest

We recently had a very large snow for us which is only about 8 inchs but I also noticed the sunroof had quite a large amount of perspiration on the inside

Yea these problems will make it a part way down step but my love for the vehicle and a good deal and a little added money and it will be perfect

<3 ebay + craigslist

I still like it, i'm too damn hard-headed to allow myself to say otherwise.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:37 PM

Okay is it just me or does it sound like your taking us for a ride here. It seems that you continue to write about another problem, yet its not big deal to you. I guess ive never seen someone take a 65k rig and beat the **** out of it. I can understand and appreciate using it as its purpose but if you can afford to buy one then you can afford to fix one.

Last but not least. I havent heard of one single decet dealership that would sell a rig such as a H2 and have so many cosmetic problems. Doesnt make them look very good.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM

I apoligize, your right, I need to look further, I've been keeping my range to small and I need to work longer to further my price range if I'm expecting to get something in good condition

I have this mindset that if I don't buy one now, then there will be none left and I'll forever be without, which is stupid.

It's too much to take on for a get and go vehicle that I'm trading a decent vehicle I know the condition of.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 PM

No need to apologize. I was just saying that it seems like you are content with getting a beat up, damaged vehicle.

I think your on the right path now though. Open up your search. Have a dealer find one for you and bring it to them. Typically a good dealership will also have it certified. (meeting their standard as a good working vehicle).

With all the problems you have mentioned, I can't help but think there would be hidden problems to come (ie, tranny, air susp, engine, etc).

I could understand if you were buying a Datsun pickup but a H2 shouldn't be on the road looking beat up in my opinion. Just too nice of a vehicle.