PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I trade in My T for a 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Default Should I trade in My T for a 3

I have a 09 graphite mettalic H3T base with a diamondback cover and I love it but my hummer dealer has a 2010 H3 black on black with the adv. package and a manual tranny.... sounds awesome but I dont know if I should part with my T. Really want a bare bones alpha off-road H3T in a non-gay color but cant find one. Going to the dealer later today and need to make a move while my wife will still let me. You guys are the experts help me decide, what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:31 AM

Well you have to weigh the pros and cons to each
H3= Less cargo capacity, but shorter wheel base + for wheelin, and F/R lockers also +
H3T= more cargo, awesome cover btw, larger towing capacity if im not mistaken, large fuel capacity...

Im always hesitant about a 5spd on a trail rig, but your the one driving it... so its what you feel comfortable with...

-Dan

Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 AM

In most instances I would stay with the T, but the Adv. package trumps all. Get the 3.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:25 AM

If you dont own the H3T outright, you might take a beating when you trade it in.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM

What do you guys think it would cost to get the elockers the transfer case and the dash panel from the adventure package added to my t? sounds crazy but it might actually be cheaper for me since I wouldnt be starting over on the $$$ payments. Any Gm/Hummer service guys on here? thanks

Old 06-13-2010, 11:55 AM

The adventure package also has different shocks, a cast iron front diff, and of course the transfer case. Its a 5000 dollar option for a reason. It will probably be more than that to add all of that stuff.

I have 4.56 gears too, and I think non-adventure has 4.10.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm not sure where you came up with $5000 for any package???
I'd say about 1/2 of that on an I5 and 1/3rd on an Alpha.

You can put a locker front and rear and change out the transfercase to get the "Adventure" package but you will still need to get a Cast Iron front center section to complete the "Adventure" package transformation. I would first see if your dealer would warranty the "changed" parts. Since your VIN# will not match the "Adventure" parts if they fail. Trust me on this one, I tried it on Mr. Orange!

Here are the actual breakdowns from GM HUMMER site and my window stickers.

09-10 H3/H3T the Adventure Package comes only in the I5: $2570.00
You are getting the in-dash 6-CD changer with 7-speaker Monsoon sound system (6-speaker in the H3T) and the 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case. Fully Locking Electronic Front and Rear Differential, Cast Iron front diff, 33-inch LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires. (this is a "package deal" where everything is included in the package)

09-10 H3/H3T the OffRoad Package comes only in the Alphas, Championship Editions and V8s: $1725.00
You are getting the in-dash 6-CD changer with 7-speaker Monsoon sound system (6-speaker in the H3T) and the 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case. Fully Locking Electronic Front and Rear Differential, Cast Iron front diff, 33-inch LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires. (this is a "package deal" where everything is included in the package)

Regardless of "Adventure" or "OffRoad" package:
ALL I5s have the front and rear 4:56 pinon and gears
ALL V8s have the front and rear 4:10 pinion and gears and Cast Iron front diff.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Last edited by TAINTER; 06-13-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:55 PM

OK this is just me but everyone and thier mother has a 3, you don't see many T's on the road do you? I would stick with something that other don't have. I also have the I-5 engine but with all the upgrades I have I'm happy with it... for now. Just stick with the T my friend.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 AM

Personly (and no offense meant) I think it would be nuts to go from a T to a 3,,,, (my first two Hummers were H3's),, you couldnt give me a 3 after now after owning an H3T,,,, but thats just me

But one BIG consideration,,,, H3T's I have a feeling are going to go up in value as the years go by, there was so few of them made they stand a real good chance of becoming collector trucks.

Thats one of the reasons I bought an H3T was thinking it will increase in value instead of losing value so many other cars and truck's do.

There are tons of H3's on the road but hardly any H3T's,,,,, DONT DO IT !!!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 AM

First of all thanks for all the responses!!They must really want my T. They (dealer) offed me $30000(a little more than I owe)plus 0.0% on the new 3 and the 2000 in accessories even said they will come to my house with the truck and papers to sign....Makes me wonder why they want it so bad.... I think I may just add the lockers later, just wanted to start attending events and be able to keep up with some of these hooked up rigs I see on here. Anyone know where their is a new H3t adv for sale? Or an alpha off-road? The saga continues.......

Quick Reply: Should I trade in My T for a 3