Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Should I sell my H3...Yeah or Nah (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/should-i-sell-my-h3-yeah-nah-4647/)

LawWyfe 03-27-2007 08:05 PM

RE: Should I sell my H3...Yeah or Nah

My question would be...WHY shouldYOU have to sacrifice YOUR vehicle to pay for a wedding?? And frankly, she shouldn't expect you to...I sure wouldn't!! I would scale down my expectations and desires for my wedding (and I DID!!) before I would expect my fiance to sacrifice hisvehicle to pay for extravagance. And as someone already said, could make a good "family ride!" ;)

azz7772 03-27-2007 09:22 PM

does she make an income? if she does you will now be making two incomes and you will have only one set of house bills rather than each your own. and i agree with the rest of the pack if you regret it , it may cause turbulance. Also i think alot of people have a big expensive wedding then later on wonder why you spent so much for one day of festivities i say have a nice romantic low cost wedding and put the rest of the cash toward a home or something tangible.

LawWyfe 03-27-2007 09:39 PM

Good advice azzz...with a little effort, shopping around and doing some things oneself..one can have a very nice wedding..we did. It just boggles my mind when I see what some people pay these days for a wedding (could buy a Hummer or 2 or make a SIZEABLE down payment on a house!)....and for something that passes by like such a whirlwind that you don't know (or remember lol)where the couple/few hours went!

H34 pleasure 03-27-2007 11:05 PM

I must say I agree with everyone...Keep it, Azz and LawWyfe have some really good advice, besides - you were single when you bought it, and that shouldn't change because you are planning on getting married.

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:15 PM

Screw the wedding ... I kid - I kid [&:]

Weddings are overrated though, there over in a flash and you don't remember a thing - you drive everyday. You have to do what's best for you, and I agree you should talk it over with your girl - she might say "please don't trade it" ... who knows.

And congrats on the upcoming nuptials!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

ZYNE 03-27-2007 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: TigerLily

Weddings are overrated though, there over in a flash and you don't remember a thing - you drive everyday. You have to do what's best for you, and I agree you should talk it over with your girl - she might say "please don't trade it" ... who knows.

I never thought I'd hear a woman say a wedding is overrated, NEVER! And don't take that the wrong way .. LOL! You are right though, I didn't and still really don't remember much of mine and neither does my wife .. we did the low budget romantic bit too and in retrospect, even if we would've had the money to really do it up .. this was better, the little I do remember of it LOL!

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

ORIGINAL: TigerLily

I never thought I'd hear a woman say a wedding is overrated, NEVER! And don't take that the wrong way .. LOL!
Is that a bad thing? [&:]

Well, I have experience in this area ... lol!! I married young, really young, too young the first time. My parents paid for the wedding and I got everything I wanted! They spent way to much money, I still feel bad about it today!! There were nearly 500 people who attended - we ran out of food! It was an absolutely beautiful wedding, everything was picture perfect. Well, except for the fact that the morning of the wedding I cried, cried all day, had changed my mind - didn't wanta get married. My mom said "oh hell no - you fought for this, it's paid for, you're getting married today"! My Dad was patting my arm the entire way down the isle - while I was still crying, telling me "it's not to late baby, you don't have to do this". It was horrible .... That's all besides the point ... after it was over, I didn't remember a thing. It just wasn't worth it.

When the hubby and I got married, we paid for everything. We got married at a riding buddies home, on his property, in front of his lake, with swans in the water. It was a beautiful setting also and cost us maybe $2000. And the funny thing is, I remember it. I wasn't all stressed out about my dress, my hair, the flowers, the cake, the food, the bridesmaids, their dresses ... etc.

ZYNE 03-27-2007 11:39 PM

Nope, not a bad thing .. just didn't expect to hear it, that's all LOL! I too got married young though I don't really have any regrets there ... I'm 30 in August and we're celebrating 10 years in July if that tells you anything .. I figured anyone nuts enough to stick with me for 10 years is worth keeping around lol ..

We did get married in a church (against my will mind you lol) but that was something she "needed" and I can appreciate that .. but reception and all that stuff was on the family property and it was probably about as much as I could handle at the time LOL! Having a 500 person wedding .. I probably would've used that ticket back to Sweden had I been faced with that LOL!

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:46 PM

13 years for me ... I married young second time too. [8D] No regrets second time and I didn't cry the entire day of the wedding!!

I say the same thing - if he can put up with me for this long he's good, he's really good!!

First marriage was in a huge church, Mount Paran Church of God. Half the church members came to the wedding - people I didn't know, had never laid eyes on before, were eating the food my parents paid for! Cheap bastards! [8D] It was a horrible, horrible day ... at least everything was pretty.

Dennis 03-27-2007 11:52 PM

Lemme see, I'll try and put this in a most respectful and delicate manner...

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND???!!!???

Wedding??? You're married to that HUMMER first..Don'tabandon it for a 4 hour wedding..!

Good luck honestly with whatever you do.