Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Should I sell my H3...Yeah or Nah (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/should-i-sell-my-h3-yeah-nah-4647/)

brachilius 03-27-2007 06:27 PM

Should I sell my H3...Yeah or Nah

I have come to a point in my life where I need to make a serious decision. Should I keep my H3 and its huge car payment or sell it and get something a few years old. I am newly engaged and the prospect of paying fora wedding is now an issue. I bought my H3 when I was single and did not give a **** about the car payment. I guess priorities have now changed. Just looking for some advice.

shortbus 03-27-2007 06:30 PM

RE: Should I sell my H3...Yeah or Nah

do you like it? if you do, keep it. otherwise you'll regret it, and blame your fiance for it, whether it was really her fault or not.

btw, congrats :D

littlehummerboy 03-27-2007 07:17 PM

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Not a good choice to make, but while the wedding may be important, you should not get rid of something you like, as Shortbus says, you will feel bitter for it. Talk it over with your fiancé and see how she feels about it as well.

ZYNE 03-27-2007 07:25 PM

And here I am thinking .. isn't it tradition the father of the BRIDE pays for the wedding ... and the father of the groom the honey moon .. or has my nordic heritage given me a permafrost brain freeze here .. LOL!

In all seriousness .. Shorty is right .. if you ditch the care and regret it, you'll end up bitter or resentful .. might as well hold on to it and you both can enjoy it.

HummerGuy 03-27-2007 07:27 PM

I agree with ZYNE, you SHOULD bring the fiance to an outting with us so she can learn to appreciate it and meet some great people.

GOOD IDEA NICK!

Desert Dan 03-27-2007 07:31 PM

Keep it and your fiance.
When you are married you will still need a reliable car and maybe the 4 -door family wagon sooner than you think:)

ZYNE 03-27-2007 07:45 PM

Yep, Mike has a point here ... it sure was family oriented where we all went ... plus .. it's a hell of a way to meet with some good ol' fashioned NICE people ...

shortbus 03-27-2007 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Yep, Mike has a point here ... it sure was family oriented where we all went ... plus .. it's a hell of a way to meet with some good ol' fashioned NICE people ...
NOW i know why y'all didn't invite me . .. . . .:(

blackstangs281 03-27-2007 07:49 PM

Keep it;)

ZYNE 03-27-2007 07:54 PM

Hey now Shorty, I tried to get you to committ to the April 29th meet but noooooooooooooo .. that's tooooooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar LOL!

LawWyfe 03-27-2007 08:05 PM

My question would be...WHY shouldYOU have to sacrifice YOUR vehicle to pay for a wedding?? And frankly, she shouldn't expect you to...I sure wouldn't!! I would scale down my expectations and desires for my wedding (and I DID!!) before I would expect my fiance to sacrifice hisvehicle to pay for extravagance. And as someone already said, could make a good "family ride!" ;)

azz7772 03-27-2007 09:22 PM

does she make an income? if she does you will now be making two incomes and you will have only one set of house bills rather than each your own. and i agree with the rest of the pack if you regret it , it may cause turbulance. Also i think alot of people have a big expensive wedding then later on wonder why you spent so much for one day of festivities i say have a nice romantic low cost wedding and put the rest of the cash toward a home or something tangible.

LawWyfe 03-27-2007 09:39 PM

Good advice azzz...with a little effort, shopping around and doing some things oneself..one can have a very nice wedding..we did. It just boggles my mind when I see what some people pay these days for a wedding (could buy a Hummer or 2 or make a SIZEABLE down payment on a house!)....and for something that passes by like such a whirlwind that you don't know (or remember lol)where the couple/few hours went!

H34 pleasure 03-27-2007 11:05 PM

I must say I agree with everyone...Keep it, Azz and LawWyfe have some really good advice, besides - you were single when you bought it, and that shouldn't change because you are planning on getting married.

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:15 PM

Screw the wedding ... I kid - I kid [&:]

Weddings are overrated though, there over in a flash and you don't remember a thing - you drive everyday. You have to do what's best for you, and I agree you should talk it over with your girl - she might say "please don't trade it" ... who knows.

And congrats on the upcoming nuptials!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

ZYNE 03-27-2007 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: TigerLily

Weddings are overrated though, there over in a flash and you don't remember a thing - you drive everyday. You have to do what's best for you, and I agree you should talk it over with your girl - she might say "please don't trade it" ... who knows.

I never thought I'd hear a woman say a wedding is overrated, NEVER! And don't take that the wrong way .. LOL! You are right though, I didn't and still really don't remember much of mine and neither does my wife .. we did the low budget romantic bit too and in retrospect, even if we would've had the money to really do it up .. this was better, the little I do remember of it LOL!

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TigerLily

I never thought I'd hear a woman say a wedding is overrated, NEVER! And don't take that the wrong way .. LOL!
Is that a bad thing? [&:]

Well, I have experience in this area ... lol!! I married young, really young, too young the first time. My parents paid for the wedding and I got everything I wanted! They spent way to much money, I still feel bad about it today!! There were nearly 500 people who attended - we ran out of food! It was an absolutely beautiful wedding, everything was picture perfect. Well, except for the fact that the morning of the wedding I cried, cried all day, had changed my mind - didn't wanta get married. My mom said "oh hell no - you fought for this, it's paid for, you're getting married today"! My Dad was patting my arm the entire way down the isle - while I was still crying, telling me "it's not to late baby, you don't have to do this". It was horrible .... That's all besides the point ... after it was over, I didn't remember a thing. It just wasn't worth it.

When the hubby and I got married, we paid for everything. We got married at a riding buddies home, on his property, in front of his lake, with swans in the water. It was a beautiful setting also and cost us maybe $2000. And the funny thing is, I remember it. I wasn't all stressed out about my dress, my hair, the flowers, the cake, the food, the bridesmaids, their dresses ... etc.

ZYNE 03-27-2007 11:39 PM

Nope, not a bad thing .. just didn't expect to hear it, that's all LOL! I too got married young though I don't really have any regrets there ... I'm 30 in August and we're celebrating 10 years in July if that tells you anything .. I figured anyone nuts enough to stick with me for 10 years is worth keeping around lol ..

We did get married in a church (against my will mind you lol) but that was something she "needed" and I can appreciate that .. but reception and all that stuff was on the family property and it was probably about as much as I could handle at the time LOL! Having a 500 person wedding .. I probably would've used that ticket back to Sweden had I been faced with that LOL!

TigerLily 03-27-2007 11:46 PM

13 years for me ... I married young second time too. [8D] No regrets second time and I didn't cry the entire day of the wedding!!

I say the same thing - if he can put up with me for this long he's good, he's really good!!

First marriage was in a huge church, Mount Paran Church of God. Half the church members came to the wedding - people I didn't know, had never laid eyes on before, were eating the food my parents paid for! Cheap bastards! [8D] It was a horrible, horrible day ... at least everything was pretty.

Dennis 03-27-2007 11:52 PM

Lemme see, I'll try and put this in a most respectful and delicate manner...

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND???!!!???

Wedding??? You're married to that HUMMER first..Don'tabandon it for a 4 hour wedding..!

Good luck honestly with whatever you do.

kild1 03-28-2007 12:07 AM

i went to the courthouse and got married for under 100 bucks
marriagelicense and all

it cut out on all the stress and family members tellin us how we should do it
and u'll still be just as married as a 10k wedding

+ u can keep the hummer :D

2luke2 03-28-2007 12:11 AM

Don't get married.

ZX10R 03-28-2007 12:12 AM

Yeah sell it and get the 2008 H3 with the V8!:D

dilo2001gt 03-28-2007 12:13 AM

Dump the girl and keep the Hummer
No matter what you always have a Hummer;)
ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.:D

ZYNE 03-28-2007 12:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 2luke2

Don't get married.
Comments like this really bakemy noodle ... just cuz you may have had a bad experience don't mean ya have to pi$$ in this guys wheaties yanno ... just my .02 worth!

Dennis 03-28-2007 12:30 AM

Now now Nick....Luke is entitled to his bit of advise..After all, brachiliusdid solicite for opinions either way...I can honestly say I was thinking the samething for a moment and don't tell me you weren't either...I've been married 26 years this September and I still have my doubts...But then again who doesn't?...;)...I could be driving a Viper right now, instead I get a free ride on a roller coaster everyday...:D

2luke2 03-28-2007 12:35 AM

Lol... mine was only ment as a joke... with some serious thoughts to it... more of a reminder to think about what YOU want out of life and then make your decision from that. No offense was ment.

ZYNE 03-28-2007 12:41 AM

I think we have a slightly different view on these things Den .. I still think those comments are arrogant as hell and no, that was not my initial reaction/thought. And to clearify things, I have zero doubts ... 10 years .. I just can't see myself trading her in to save my life! Hell doode, I moved half a planet for her .. Ya think I'd do that for a "maybe" lol!

Dennis 03-28-2007 12:44 AM

Glad for you too:)...I wish everyone could be so committed as you..it would put those stinking divorce laywers out of business.;)

bobopotato 03-28-2007 12:46 AM

1. Talk to her first about how she feels about keeping the hummer, hopefully she wants to keep it
2. If she doesn't want to keep it, try to convince her it makes financial sense as well (think of the amount you would have lost just selling it after the year? or so after buying it)
3. If she's not convinced, well... my thoughts are, if you really love her, well, the hummer's gotta go. You shouldn't feel resentful though coz you need to convince yourself first that you love her more than the hummer!
4. If you love the hummer more than the girl, hey buddy, tell her its the hummer or the highway! ;)

ZYNE 03-28-2007 12:49 AM

I'm not offended by the comment.. I think it's unnecessary at best .. obviously if you have come to the conclusion to ask a woman to marry you .. one thought process or another has already taken place .. why rag on that decision?? Again, only my .02 worth ..

ZYNE 03-28-2007 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Glad for you too:)...I wish everyone could be so committed as you..it would put those stinking divorce laywers out of business.;)
Had my run ins with them Q@#$!@#$ maggots when my inlaws went through it .. ended up getting myself and my wife thrown out of court cuz they expect us to take sides and "testify" against her dad who's a good man .. her mom is a gold diggin b*tch on the other hand .. thought I was going to get slapped with a contempt bit but guess I got lucky .. would've taken it in a heart beat though .. I'm principle stuck and I'll be damned if I am to contribute to something that I think is wrong!

littlehummerboy 03-28-2007 01:18 AM

I'm not offended by the comment.. I think it's unnecessary at best .. obviously if you have come to the conclusion to ask a woman to marry you .. one thought process or another has already taken place .. why rag on that decision?? Again, only my .02 worth ..
OR maybethe woman asked!;)

ZYNE 03-28-2007 01:20 AM

Ugh, that would make me feel uncomfortable as hell LOL!

Dennis 03-28-2007 01:22 AM

Why? ..It happens to me all the time..I think it's flattering:)

Trouble with you Nick, beside wearing over tight underwear tonight, is that you are an old fashioned, traditional romantic..and it's refreashing to see..;)

shortbus 03-28-2007 01:32 AM

Z, not only are you romantic, but you love cake. you can't be all bad. :D

everyone has their own opinion of marriage, and none of them are valid. you can't override what your heart is telling you, you just have to go with the flow. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. either way, if you were happy for a period of time, cherish that time and move on. there's nothing to be gained by grousing about how much of a bitch the last wife/girlfriend was, it gets you nowhere.

back to the original subject. if you can afford to keep your hummer, keep it. if you can't make the payments and eat, then maybe it's time to let it go.just do what makes you happy, our opinions mean nothing. after all, we don't have to live with your woman - you do.:eek:

ZYNE 03-28-2007 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Why? ..It happens to me all the time..I think it's flattering:)

Trouble with you Nick, beside wearing over tight underwear tonight, is that you are an old fashioned, traditional romantic..and it's refreashing to see..;)
Nahh .. my underwear is no importance here hehe .. I simply don't shut up in fear of hurtin' someone's feelings because I don't agree with them.. never have, never will! I say what I mean and I mean what I say ..

And yes, somehow I am old fashioned in certain aspects .. I'm not old enough to be that way though damnit LOL!

And underwear!? I haven't worn those things in over a decade ... well, not really but figured it was disturbing enough to at least cause a minor PURP! lol!

ZYNE 03-28-2007 01:43 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

Z, not only are you romantic, but you love cake. you can't be all bad. :D

everyone has their own opinion of marriage, and none of them are valid. you can't override what your heart is telling you, you just have to go with the flow. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. either way, if you were happy for a period of time, cherish that time and move on. there's nothing to be gained by grousing about how much of a bitch the last wife/girlfriend was, it gets you nowhere.

back to the original subject. if you can afford to keep your hummer, keep it. if you can't make the payments and eat, then maybe it's time to let it go.just do what makes you happy, our opinions mean nothing. after all, we don't have to live with your woman - you do.:eek:
Thanks Shorty .. you nailed it on that one .. and the cake bit .. if we're going to be painfully honest here .. I must admit my weakness is banana puddin' but cake rates pretty high too... LOL!

zx1100 03-28-2007 01:48 AM

I would try to keep it if all possible andhopefully she will understand if you tell her youwant to keep it.

Ijust got married in January...in VEGAS! She was cool with it. Was there attending my father's birthdayparty and since so many relatives and all my brothers and their families were there we decided to get married :)Had dinner withfamily before everyone left. Back in Chicago we invited our close friends for another dinner to tell everyone what we did.

The money saved went to a new house, paid all our debtandpurchased a newH3. Also, Igot to keep my other toys in the process. Now she is agreeing of gettingan H2 just for me...man I love her!!! :D

Congratulations!Good luck and hope things work out for you both.

Dennis 03-28-2007 01:16 PM

And underwear!? I haven't worn those things in over a decade ... well, not really but figured it was disturbing enough to at least cause a minor PURP! lol!
Worked for me![:'(]