PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shaking?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 PM

... Also, seeing yours is an '06, you could very well have a bad valve seat that could be the cause of your misfire code. If that's the case, which a leak-down test can confirm, you may be able to get GM to still pay for part or all of the repair. It is a known issue and they've extended the warranty on that repair in the past. Helping out on past-due repairs is part of their goodwill program.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 PM

what the heck is a MAF sensor? hahaha. Oh on monday I put a fuel injector cleaner thing in my car. its thursday and this morning was really no shaking, only at idle (stops).

tell me more on this goodwill program. i heard its like $2600 (around there) to fix the head valves.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM

Crazy, I know but I will throw it out there, how is your battery? When started to go the truck ran like crap and it would stall at low speeds. Unlike other vehicles, it didn't get better once it ran for a little while and the battery started charging up, I barely made it the couple miles to the auto parts store. I know it is a long shot but you need to rule things out if you want to try to diagnose the problem yourself.

Edit: I didn't see your post saying it was a #1 cylinder misfire. You can swap the coil pack to another cylinder to see if you then have a misfire on that cylinder. Your VIN number will tell you if you are in the expected range for bad valve seats. Use the search function and you should be able to find a thread that gives the VIN range for bad seats.

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 06-29-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 PM

My battery is great. I got a new one 2 years ago I believe. I have even had it checked lately and it's still in good shape.

I gave in and took it to the diagnostic thing at a chevy place. Uhmm ya someone purposely cut a wire on my coil things for cylinder 1. $200 later it's fixed. heh. I was freaking out, I thought it might have been something really bad and expensive.

Who would cut a wire? Last person who touched my juice box was the oil place. I'm a little upset at them.

Thanks.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 AM

Not sure why the last "mechanic" that checked it out for you and said #1 was a little loose didn't notice the severed wire. Does the oil change place also do other repairs? If so, I could see why they might try to be shady unless they simply have someone there that doesn't like Hummers or you but that doesn't seem likely. I would be suspicious of a mechanic that worked specifically on that coil pack and didn't notice a cut wire.

Either way, I think it is time to get yourself familiar with the service manual if you plan on keeping it for any length of time as most places/people out there can't be trusted these days.