PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof marker light spacing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
I mean the part that actually hooks into the light, just wandering if you had a picture of what you used to light them up.

The lights came with some really cheesy connectors that will certainly fail. I'm cutting them off, making a harness, and using wire nuts (between the roof panel and headliner), to connect everything. I'm normally not a fan of wire nuts (I usually like heat shrink crimp connectors), but I think these will be just fine, and if I need to remove a light for whatever, it'll be easier. Thanks for the pics...I was thinking of doing my rears the same way, as my lights look like yours, but, mine are led's, and the beam is very directional, so they'd only be visible by low flying aircraft.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 PM

I can also get LEDs also, but I chose not to because those would only be the only LEDs on my h3. I got mine from Napa. Where did you happen to get yours? I saw other people do the lights differently in the back, but I like the way they are on the top. Plus when you pull the headliner down in the back it was much easier than the front. You would happen to have a picture of the wiring you plan to use for lighting up the light?
I can't wait to see how yours come out.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:34 PM

I can also get LEDs also, but I chose not to because those would only be the only LEDs on my h3. I got mine from Napa. Where did you happen to get yours? I saw other people do the lights differently in the back, but I like the way they are on the top. Plus when you pull the headliner down in the back it was much easier than the front. You would happen to have a picture of the wiring you plan to use for lighting up the light?
I can't wait to see how yours come out.
I also got mine from Napa. They're made by Truck Lite, and they also came in the bulb style like yours. My front lights are made by Recon. Here is a link on their website. http://www.gorecon.com/downloads.php Go to "Dodge Ram Cab Lights Install Guide". They give a step by step install, and show a picture of the harness I'm making.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 PM

wow thank you very much, very very helpful, good luck with the installation

Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 AM

Well.....got 'em done. 7 1/2 hrs. work, but well worth it! A lot of the time was spent determining what needed to be pulled apart, how it needed to be pulled apart, planning wire routing, measuring for location, getting together tools, cleaning up after-wards...and on and on. Here's some daytime pics. I'll take some tonight with lights on and re-post.

Attached Thumbnails Roof marker light spacing-dsc00517.jpg   Roof marker light spacing-dsc00519.jpg   Roof marker light spacing-dsc00521.jpg   Roof marker light spacing-dsc00520-2-.jpg  
Old 05-31-2010, 03:09 PM

great job, thanks for posting the pics, it took me about the same time

Old 01-24-2012, 10:15 AM

I mean the part that actually hooks into the light, just wandering if you had a picture of what you used to light them up.

I would like to know more about your light bars, are they just oem roof racks you added lighting too or are they something else?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by jmoffatt
I would like to know more about your light bars, are they just oem roof racks you added lighting too or are they something else?
1) This thread is more than 1 1/2 years old, so you might want to start a new one.

2) There's no discussion of a 'light bar' in this thread, so not sure what you're referring to. If you start a new thread with more specific detail about your question, I'll see if I can help.