PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Default Replacement Air Filter

So It comes time to replace the air filter in the truck. I was really wanting to get some kind of performance air filter kit installed.

Any suggestions? Links and pics greatly appreciated!

TIA

-Ryan-

Old 02-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Replacement Air Filter

I have the Airaid Quick Connect filter system. www.airaid.com Don't have any real numbers for improved MPG I never really noticed an improvement,although itfeels like it has more power and the MPG didn't get worse. It jumps off the line "slightly" better than the wife's (she has stock air cleaner and same 3.7L). It does make a little more noise from under the hood though, doesn't bother me I kind of like that part. From what I have read on here I don't think any of it will make a drastic difference until you do the www.PCMforless.com. That will be my next big mod.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:27 PM

I installed a True flow cold air intake, and same as rhill20 didn't notice really any improvement in the MPG, I did notice more power, acceleration and kick down is allot better. http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...298.9359.0.0.0

Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM

I just installed the K&N FIPK2 system. It seems to make more power, and it also has the noise like rhill talked about. It's not really loud unless you mash the gas. You can get it at http://www.autoanything.com/. I got mine there for less than $200 shipped. They quite often run a 10% discount promo. http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/57-3043.pdf<------------- There is a dyno chart from K&N, so take it for what it's worth........I feltmore power. I will be doing the PCMforless tune in the spring. From what everyone says, that gives you your biggest power increase.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 AM

Thanks for the input guys

I think I'm going to go with this one
http://www.autoanything.com/air-inta...0A2021391.aspx
It's only about 200 bucks and the reviews look solid.

Thanks guys

Old 02-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, but what does it do??? It opens up the lid to the filter box and does the same old corner barricade gig. You still have the accordian style factory intake hoses and resonator box, which rob air flow. Airaid does make a good filter though. So the way I look at it, you are spending $200 on a filter?

You need pipe and a filter. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:50 AM

Thats what I like about the True Flow, you keep the stock filter box and change the the rest, less chances of getting crap in your filter or even worst water.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Got any vibration noisewith that True Flow???

They at least have a metal pipe, same size as everbody ealse...3". Theirs ain't bad. The didn't improve the filter box intake snorkel though.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 AM

what do ya suggest then doc

Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 AM

I could be wrong, but I really think there is a much more important long term savings above & beyond gas mileage.Many of these filters (i.e., K&N drop-in replacement) are for the most part life-time (Considering most people do not keep a vehicle more than 4-years) & washable offeringthe owner a serviceble part in lieu of a replacementpart.

Quick Reply: Replacement Air Filter