PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced wheel hub and now ABS/TC faulty

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Default Replaced wheel hub and now ABS/TC faulty

I replaced the wheel hub on the front N/S of my H2 due to a worn bearing.
Now every time i turn right the Traction Control engages and slams the breaks on. This happens at all speeds over around 15mph and was so dangerous that i've had to disconnect the ABS/TC altogether just to make it drive-able.
Ive had the part looked at and it is a direct replacement according to the VIN number and Part number.
I've tried using the old wiring and wheel speed sensor and having the same problem.
Ive changed the spacing on the WSS and still getting the same problem.
A friend of mine has also changed the wheel hub recently and has the exact same issue. He has purchased another hub from somewhere else and is having the same issue with that.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how to fix it.
Both H2's that are having this problem are the 2006 model.

Thanks
Niall

Old 02-11-2015, 05:58 PM

My wife's yukon did the same thing when we first bought it(used). She would just be driving and all of sudden the traction active would come up and the vehicle would slow like you slammed on the brakes. You could floor it and it would not accelerate.

This was 6 yrs ago. But I'm pretty sure this started after changing the hub a couple times. Mostly when turning. We had it in and out of the shop several times.

I'm 95% sure that it was the speed sensor.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 AM

Smiley,
When you changed the hub, hopefully you bought an assembly... if so there should have been a new sensor. Check the sensor and check the connection.
I had this issue right before I changed mine out
I think the sensor is pulling some in turns that the connection is lost.
If you didnt do an assembly and actually rebuilt or repacked them, then again its probably the sensor's connection (which I would go ahead and replace at this point anyways)
Hope this helps

Old 02-13-2015, 12:05 PM

I bought the assembly which came with new wiring and new sensor. When this started playing up I swapped the wiring and sensor back for the old one. Same issue. I tried removing the spacers of the sensor and still same problem. I find it odd that so far 3 replacement hubs and sensors all have the same issue.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:14 PM

maybe the issue is on the other side of the connector

Old 02-26-2015, 03:15 PM

Doubtful it's on the other end of the wiring due to the similar problems had by other people with the hub. It's almost like the sensor is too sensitive so I'm wondering if changing the spacing on the WSS needs to be bigger or something.