PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:54 PM

mechanically you can find most of the stuff on other vehicles all the suspension and axles are under all half ton gm trucks, engine and trans are in other trucks.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by skeeter
mechanically you can find most of the stuff on other vehicles all the suspension and axles are under all half ton gm trucks, engine and trans are in other trucks.
Please take the comments below as a friendly ribbing (just poking fun)! Not like a punch to the face.

As stated above the engine and trans are "similar" YES! There are differences in the programming, internal construction and the composition of the metals used in engine and trans. How many All aluminum 5.3 litre motors where put in other Gm trucks? How about just the oil pan and oil pickup on the Alphas? Two, "One of a kind" pieces there too.

But Hmmm ... so according to what you are saying about the other stuff.

In regards to the axles:
Ex. If a vehicle has a 10 bolt rear end lets say a Blazer, and a Chevy Full size pickup has a 10 bolt they should fit each other?? Even though they have different track widths, different mounting points, different axle shaft lengths, different spline counts, etc????

In regards to the suspension:
Ex. If 2 vehicles have an IFS front axle and suspension setup like the Hummer H3/H3T and the Colorado/Canyon then the parts will fit each other?? Even though they have different progressive dampeners, different torsion bar spring length and rates, different upper and lower control arms, different halfshaft diamaters, spline count and length, different spindles, different mounts, etc????

Please, pick up a copy of a very informative book writtne by Larry Edsel entitled "HUMMER H3". It is a "must read" for any HUMMER Enthusiast, let alone an H3/H3T Enthusiast!

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-06-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM

I'm just saying that I am surprised because GM uses alot of the same things. And the axles are the same as the half ton trucks. I may not know everything about hummers but I work on a lot of vehicles so i know what is found in other vehicles. You are right there are alot of things thatare not in the other vehicles, but most of the mechanical stuff is found under other vehicles is all I am saying.