PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear marker light done

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Default RE: Rear marker light done

ORIGINAL: bonzaiii

Yea, I actually had to drill 3 holes per light. I installed the light bar in front first which required drilling some rather LARGE holes so by the time I got to the back my hands and knees had pretty much quit shaking.
Taken it to a high pressure car wash to check for leaks yet? Drillin' holes scares me!

Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 AM

Does GM have plans on making rear markers lights?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:28 PM

Nope havn't washed it yet. Probably give it a wash at home this week and IF that goes well I'll go for a high pressure next week. If it leaks, well, I'll just have to do some more sealing

Old 08-07-2007, 12:09 AM

Very nice job.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM

Great job bonzaiii![sm=icon_rock.gif] looks solid. still haven't grown b@!!z big enough to drill into the H3. Thanks for the link of where to purchase, I figure if I put in the order, it would leave me no choice but to install it.

For the (2) top rear lights, I was thinking of trying to install a set of H2 markers, not sure if it would look proportionate or how difficult installation might be, or even if the cost would even be worth it. I'll post my findings after I look more into it.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 AM

You know I tossed around all kinds of ideas for the two outside front marker lights, I even went so far as to purchase these.
But when I went to mount them I realized how much of a curve there is on the top of the truck, which keeps them from even coming close to sitting flat, I even thought of moving them further back where it was more level but even there it leans to the outside and I just didn't like the look. So for me that left me with 2 options, small ones like the ones in the center or factory ones. I called 2 dealers to see if about buying them and they both told me they do not sell them, they only come when you buy the entire marker light set. Then I considered buying the ones bobopotato bought but did not want to go through all the modifications he had to do. i may yet purchase those, AFTER I stop shaking from drilling the holes!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/02D30A3E773345EE8FA6290D9CA9D4DF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 AM

These are not cheap but I actually like them better than the ones I have.
http://hummerpartsclub.com/Merchant2...roduct_Count=0

ORIGINAL: bobopotato

Bonzaii!!

Your truck looks slammin dude!
I think if you want to look for some wires off the front, I think the best bet might be to either pull them from the front side marker lights (wires hard to get at though) or use the pre-installed "empty" wires running through the front firewall, and just pull some current off the light wires behind the stereo...

I think the risk of blowing a fuse is pretty low if you stick to LEDs because of their extremely low current draw (5 LEDs each drawing 0.05A only takes a total of 0.25A which works out to abt 0.6W, much less than a bulb)... if you do use bulbs, I would be really careful... Someone who installed their own factory marker lights could probably tell you where to pull the power from, just do the same thing...

I really like your black front hood handles... where did you get them from? I could only find the chrome ones and I really want something black... could you let me know where you got them from?

Thanks bro!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Finally got the Ba&ls to take her to the car wash and she passed with flying colors, no leaks detected!!!

ORIGINAL: D VADER

ORIGINAL: bonzaiii

Yea, I actually had to drill 3 holes per light. I installed the light bar in front first which required drilling some rather LARGE holes so by the time I got to the back my hands and knees had pretty much quit shaking.
Taken it to a high pressure car wash to check for leaks yet? Drillin' holes scares me!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 AM

Looks very nice, I'm new to the hummer family and love this site, I have ordered the lights from your source and they should be here today, any tips on the wiring?

Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Used the search function and dug this up, did you guys (jdrew & bonzaiii) use the amber or red lights for the back?

Quick Reply: Rear marker light done