Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Rear marker light done (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/rear-marker-light-done-6607/)

bonzaiii 08-03-2007 09:33 PM

Rear marker light done

Well I managed to Install my rear marker lights and the Off road light bar. I even added 2 market lights to the light bar and have the wiring ready ro install the 2 outside front marker lights as soon as they arrive. The only issue I'm still having is I have run the wiring for the front marker lights to the engine compartment and now I need to find the tail lamp wires, anyone have any suggestions ?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/CB9E4FD57F28433793A0F4ED63B9CBC6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/DA7FC112CC624C8084A185E5329727CB.jpg[/IMG]

671H3 08-04-2007 10:12 AM

RE: Rear marker light done

The rear marker lights looks reallynice! Where did you buy the markers lights?

jdrew 08-04-2007 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: bonzaiii

The only issue I'm still having is I have run the wiring for the front marker lights to the engine compartment and now I need to find the tail lamp wires, anyone have any suggestions ?
For the rear, I would tap into the trailer wire harness.. i have heard people are blowing fuses trying to tie into the tail lamp wires. (I have mine running through the trailer harness.)

The fronts, Take off the a pillar on either side and run the wire behind it. Thats how the factory marker lights have you run the wires..

Attachment 21757

671H3 08-04-2007 11:26 AM

Where do you guys get those rear marker lights? ;)

bonzaiii 08-04-2007 08:59 PM

I got mine here
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=285
I could not find any with a black base locally, If you want the chrome base them at pep boys
As for the front wires I di run them down the pilar but cannot find the wire that goes to the trailer hitch in the engine compartment.

671H3 08-04-2007 10:35 PM

Thanks! I'll check on it.

bobopotato 08-05-2007 08:14 PM

Bonzaii!!

Your truck looks slammin dude!
I think if you want to look for some wires off the front, I think the best bet might be to either pull them from the front side marker lights (wires hard to get at though) or use the pre-installed "empty" wires running through the front firewall, and just pull some current off the light wires behind the stereo...

I think the risk of blowing a fuse is pretty low if you stick to LEDs because of their extremely low current draw (5 LEDs each drawing 0.05A only takes a total of 0.25A which works out to abt 0.6W, much less than a bulb)... if you do use bulbs, I would be really careful... Someone who installed their own factory marker lights could probably tell you where to pull the power from, just do the same thing...

I really like your black front hood handles... where did you get them from? I could only find the chrome ones and I really want something black... could you let me know where you got them from?

Thanks bro!

JDEORTA 08-06-2007 12:49 AM

Man those lights look great! You had to drill a hole where the rear lights go?

bonzaiii 08-06-2007 04:26 AM

Thanks bobopotato, Yea I kinda like the all black look also. The only chrome I want to add is the hummer locking gas cap, I love the look of that thing, As for the hood handles I found the them on e-bay about a month ago, first ones I had seen in the black and I have not seen any after either, The other way to go is buy a set for the H2 and modify if,

bonzaiii 08-06-2007 04:28 AM

Yea, I actually had to drill 3 holes per light. I installed the light bar in front first which required drilling some rather LARGE holes so by the time I got to the back my hands and knees had pretty much quit shaking.