PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question asked in other forums but!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

When you removed relay #77, for how long? You need a good 10 seconds, like resetting a wireless router.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
When you removed relay #77, for how long? You need a good 10 seconds, like resetting a wireless router.
Just tried #77 for a good minute again and nothing. I actually believe that the switch is bad so its off to the dealer Mon. I could live without this but if the back swing out door is locked you can not open it with a key and I do use it a lot and would like to be able to lock it and not have to climb over the back set to open it. I wish they would have made a key port for this door but they did not. In GM's design and eng. team I think they should have asked more what if questions on the initial design of systems.
Thanks for all your help DOC.
This has been a great place to go for resources and at the same time a scary place because you look at some of the other posts and you say "Gee I hope that does not happen to me" symptom.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ultraclassic01
Just tried #77 for a good minute again and nothing. I actually believe that the switch is bad so its off to the dealer Mon. I could live without this but if the back swing out door is locked you can not open it with a key and I do use it a lot and would like to be able to lock it and not have to climb over the back set to open it. I wish they would have made a key port for this door but they did not. In GM's design and eng. team I think they should have asked more what if questions on the initial design of systems.
Thanks for all your help DOC.
This has been a great place to go for resources and at the same time a scary place because you look at some of the other posts and you say "Gee I hope that does not happen to me" symptom.
Good luck on opening the swing gate from inside. There is no way that I know of. Sometimes when I have time, I will remove the jack cover and see if there is a way.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Thumbs up New switch panel needed.

Just got back from the what used to be the biggest Hummer dealer in the mid west (Lynch Hummer) and I pulled up and introduced my self and the Hummer service tech swapped the old one out and plugged the new one in and it was a miracle but everything was working. (no charge on the labor) Decided since I drove 100 miles to get to them that I would have them change my fluids, trans, rear and front diff. They went over a few other things with me and answered all my questions. The service tech had 10 years experience with all the Hummers. A nice group of people. Even got a great deal on a chrome brush guard that someone never picked up. This made the trip well worth the gas. Sometimes when you have tried all the tricks of touching this and that or pulling this or that , that maybe the switch panel itself is bad and it was. Nice to be able to lock the rear door and all the other doors with the fob. Thanks for every ones help on this subject. I could have put the switch in myself but chose to go to the dealer in case it was something else and I was lucky that it was just a bad door switch panel. It feels good when everything is working on your Hummer the way it should work. Thanks again!!!

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ultraclassic01
Just got back from the what used to be the biggest Hummer dealer in the mid west (Lynch Hummer) and I pulled up and introduced my self and the Hummer service tech swapped the old one out and plugged the new one in and it was a miracle but everything was working. (no charge on the labor) Decided since I drove 100 miles to get to them that I would have them change my fluids, trans, rear and front diff. They went over a few other things with me and answered all my questions. The service tech had 10 years experience with all the Hummers. A nice group of people. Even got a great deal on a chrome brush guard that someone never picked up. This made the trip well worth the gas. Sometimes when you have tried all the tricks of touching this and that or pulling this or that , that maybe the switch panel itself is bad and it was. Nice to be able to lock the rear door and all the other doors with the fob. Thanks for every ones help on this subject. I could have put the switch in myself but chose to go to the dealer in case it was something else and I was lucky that it was just a bad door switch panel. It feels good when everything is working on your Hummer the way it should work. Thanks again!!!
Sounds like you had a good experience at Lynch. Too bad we don't hear good things about dealers and Hummers much anymore.