PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Default RE: question

Thanks for the message hummerfun. I don't have the serv4wd lite on but I called the dealer today. They suggested that I disconnect the battery, wait five minutes and then try. Tried it and still nothing. In it goes tomorrow for what is turning out to be a monthly visit as I've had it six months and six visits not counting regular maintenance visits.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 PM

Just an update on my locked frt diff issue. Took it to the dealer. Just called them andthey have changed the fluid in the transfer case (?) as they think it maybe that. I'm somewhat skeptical given that the case seemed to shift no problem. They are keeping it overnite to road test and to see if that solves the problem otherwise it looks like they'll be doing some disassembly. Does anyone know what the mechanics of the frt diff on this thing is? Is the frt axle lock-up at the diff mechanical or electronic. I assume its mechanical given you have to back-up to release.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 PM

I'm pretty sure the H3 does not have locking front Diffs...they are limited slip however..Only the rear is a locking kind on the Adventure Package...If the transfer case is locking up in 4Wheel Hi lock and won't come out..that means your power distribution, front to back axel is 50/50..

Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 PM

I have not tried mine yet ! Guess it's time !!

Old 01-18-2007, 01:35 AM

KTM, I'd wait and see what they find. They know the H3 better than me. I'm sure if something is wrong, they'll more than likely find it. Sometimes it just takes a little longer.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Well the verdict is in. Service Manager test drove it last nite and no change. They have decided to re & re the transfer case. Seems it will take 5 days to get the parts. Not sure how this all links to the locked diff but that's their story for now. I can hardly wait until the head problem rears it's ugly head as I know my VIN is in the range.