Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   question (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/question-3235/)

KTMCanuck 01-15-2007 02:35 AM

question

Hi there,

Anyone had problems going from four wheel high lock to four wheel high? I've tried the 25 foot reverse while you turn mentioned in the manual (page 2-25) butthe front still seems locked. Anyone else had this or have a technique to get it to release?

Fireman 01-15-2007 02:49 AM

RE: question

You say it *seems* locked.Does the indicator showthat it is, .. or does it just feel like it when you're driving?

I have not had this problem. But, you may try putting the t-case in neutral by holding the 4 low and 4 hi lock buttons down. The try to go back to 4 hi. Be sure to set the parking brake too, cause if it goes into N, it will roll even in park.

KTMCanuck 01-15-2007 09:35 AM

Thanks Fireman,

The only the first indicator is on which I believe should be correct. It's just that when you are driving on dry pavement especially a tight turn, that you can feel the front end binding.

importkiller 01-15-2007 01:41 PM

I had to put it in reverse and make 10 mph donuts in reverse for it to break out of 4lock the first few times.

KTMCanuck 01-15-2007 02:08 PM

Thanks guys! Now to go and find a nice clear parking lot.

Fireman 01-15-2007 02:37 PM

I'd still try puttingthe t-case inN too. Just double check the manual, cause I don't remember which two buttons you hold down to go into N (been too long since I read it). Then the N should light up that you are in it. Check by putting the tranny in drive andtrying to drive forward.. if you don't move then you are in N (t-case). Return the tranny to P or N, and then press the 4 high button until it lights up, and more than likely you should be in 4H after that. And of course, don't forget the P brake.

If you also try to back up thing, like IK said, do a couple of turns while doing it.

Hope it works for you.

KTMCanuck 01-15-2007 03:25 PM

Hi Fireman,

I got it into neutral by placing the tranny (auto) in neutral, parking brake on and pressing 4hi and 4low-lock for 10 seconds. After being sure the t case was in neutral I then placed it back into 4hi. This hasn't unlocked the front so I'll try the backing-up technique.

KTMCanuck 01-16-2007 01:59 AM

ok now i'm dizzy! Did six complete donuts at walking pace in reverse and still locked. Time for the dealer again!

Fireman 01-16-2007 02:38 AM

Sorry to hear nothing worked. Like you said, it sounds like a visit to the dealer is needed.

hummerfun 01-16-2007 02:58 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum!
Just had this issue happened to me last week and I had to take it for service. They fixed within an hour, not sure exactly what they did. But I had the Serv 4wd light on.