PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 AM
Default question

Hi there,

Anyone had problems going from four wheel high lock to four wheel high? I've tried the 25 foot reverse while you turn mentioned in the manual (page 2-25) butthe front still seems locked. Anyone else had this or have a technique to get it to release?

Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Default RE: question

You say it *seems* locked.Does the indicator showthat it is, .. or does it just feel like it when you're driving?

I have not had this problem. But, you may try putting the t-case in neutral by holding the 4 low and 4 hi lock buttons down. The try to go back to 4 hi. Be sure to set the parking brake too, cause if it goes into N, it will roll even in park.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:35 AM

Thanks Fireman,

The only the first indicator is on which I believe should be correct. It's just that when you are driving on dry pavement especially a tight turn, that you can feel the front end binding.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:41 PM

I had to put it in reverse and make 10 mph donuts in reverse for it to break out of 4lock the first few times.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Thanks guys! Now to go and find a nice clear parking lot.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:37 PM

I'd still try puttingthe t-case inN too. Just double check the manual, cause I don't remember which two buttons you hold down to go into N (been too long since I read it). Then the N should light up that you are in it. Check by putting the tranny in drive andtrying to drive forward.. if you don't move then you are in N (t-case). Return the tranny to P or N, and then press the 4 high button until it lights up, and more than likely you should be in 4H after that. And of course, don't forget the P brake.

If you also try to back up thing, like IK said, do a couple of turns while doing it.

Hope it works for you.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Hi Fireman,

I got it into neutral by placing the tranny (auto) in neutral, parking brake on and pressing 4hi and 4low-lock for 10 seconds. After being sure the t case was in neutral I then placed it back into 4hi. This hasn't unlocked the front so I'll try the backing-up technique.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:59 AM

ok now i'm dizzy! Did six complete donuts at walking pace in reverse and still locked. Time for the dealer again!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 AM

Sorry to hear nothing worked. Like you said, it sounds like a visit to the dealer is needed.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum!
Just had this issue happened to me last week and I had to take it for service. They fixed within an hour, not sure exactly what they did. But I had the Serv 4wd light on.