PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prius for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Default RE: Prius for Sale

I think the gap is smaller but I do not agree that it has closed. You only have to go to an Auto show to compare the cars side by side. Consumer Reports and various Car Mags give opinions on reliabilty etc. It is not so much the Technical aspects but more the cosmetic. Some items are outstanding in quality and fit, but right next to them will be something so cheap and poor fitting it spoils the whole effect. Regarding the SUV's and Trucks, you are right. The Japanese jumped on the Bandwagon and turned out big power Tundras, Sequoias,etc. Yes they are suffering a 30% drop in sales and they forecast their profit for 2009 will be down 2 thirds. That still means 1 third of profit. Unfortunately this cannot be said for the 'Big 3'. I still think the European and Japanese Auto makers are reacting to change a lot faster so are better positioned for the drop in sales. I hope with the shake up in the US we start to see a turn around and improvement in quality of US built cars and trucks. I think you would see more and more people buying American again.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 PM

Enjoy your H2!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:21 PM

You are now "Riding Dirty in the H2"

Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 PM

Lol! How ironic, while the media tells us to dump our Hummers and buy a Prius, you do the opposite. That's awesome.

Long live HUMMER!

Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 AM

And, the Hummer uses less energy than a Prius! See http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/edito...asp?NewsID=188

Old 01-04-2009, 12:22 PM

We had a Toyota Siena mini van a fe years ago. My first foreign car. I hated it and my wife hated it. Engine ran strong with no problems, I'll give em that! The interior was terrible with fit and finish. retracable cup holder broke very quickly, the carpet quality was terrible, it was like cheap fuzz. The font tires wore out exceptionally quick with sine front end problems from the factory. I'll never buy a Toyota again! I couldnt see what the hypw was al about. I think they are good for people who want something to get from A to B. Strong engines that last. But that is it!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Absolutely....... I love Prius's

My H2 eats two a day!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Although I think every car should be offered in hybrid form. GM makes the cadillac escalade hybrid which is esentially the same platform and engine as the hummer h2. Why don't they offer hummer in a hybrid? The enviromentalists would have NOTHING to say then! And we would probably up sales by 50%. Cadillac cant keep the escalade hybrids in stock theyre sellling so fast and without discounts, sound good hummer? Imagine people not hating hummer anymore... its already been done with the escalade...

But besides that I would never drive a prius its too much of a pansy car, but I would drive an escalade hybrid. I laugh here in Ohio near Lake erie when we have winter for 6 months and the lil prius's are stuck in the snow storm and the hummer drives by like nothing... or the prius gets in an accident and crushes the people, guess they wish they had a hummer again there too...