PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prius for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Default Prius for Sale

I was the proud owner of a Prius until it sat at the Toyota dealer for 2 months with "electrical problems." After two months of talking with Toyota and various lawyers, Toyota sent a national rep out and fixed it in 20 minutes. He replaced a relay in the engine compartment. This was after they replaced the main computer and the hybrid relay (not sure what that is). Thank God it was under warranty because they racked up over four grand in expenses. But this event woke my up. I lost faith in Toyota and decided I was going to get a car that I always wanted and will enjoy.

So I purchased a 2004 Pewter H2 with the luxury package and air suspension with 13,500 miles on it for only 22.5K. It has chrome everything, off-road lights on the roof, and dvd screens in the headrests. My kids love it. My three year old daughter calls it the Pewter Yellow "Humner". That is because she loves yellow h2s. I will post some pics once I can get her cleaned. It is snowy and 10 degrees in Quincy, IL. I think it is suppose to get above freezing this weekend.

I look forward to posting info and discussing issues with all of you!

Happy Holidays

Scott

Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 AM
Default RE: Prius for Sale

Welcome.
Sounds like a nice ride, "NOW".

Old 12-23-2008, 08:22 AM

It's good you got out of that sissy car. You are going to luv your H2.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:31 AM

Wow! Another convert! And from a Prius, no less!

The myth of Japanese cars being superior to their American counterparts should have died twenty years ago, IMO. Sadly, it's a myth that just refuses to go away. Maybe the US carmakers should simply hire the Japanese marketing folks.

I know you'll enjoy your H2.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:30 AM

You got yourself a very good deal on a fun truck. You are going to love your H2!

Old 12-23-2008, 07:13 PM

LOL!!!!

Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 PM

Thank you for all of the welcomes. I get to put the truck to use immediately. We are suppose to have Ice and then 2-4 inches of snow late tonight and tomorrow! The Prius would get stuck!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 PM

enjoy

Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM

mikehartigan, sorry Dude but Japanese cars and most European cars are superior in Technology and quality of build compared with most American cars. If the 'Big 3' had looked seriously at Datsun back in the 70's they would not be in the mess they are in now. Consumers liked the idea of smaller cars for use in the Cities and everything coming standard. The 'Big 3' preferred denial and continued building the Chrome barges. They continued to lose Market Share. It wasn't until the 90's they took their heads out of the sand and started to compete. They can produce technologicaly advanced vehicles. Take the Corvette and the Caddy CTS V. Back in 05 Top Gear tested the V and loved it. They said then it compared with the BMW's and Audis. They just tested the new V against the new 'M5' and the V came out on top. The 'Big 3' need to change out some of the 'Deadwood' at the top and get with the program on what Consumers want.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TRUBRIT
[...] It wasn't until the 90's they took their heads out of the sand and started to compete.
Ok, maybe I should have said fifteen years instead of twenty. My assertion stands, however - the quality gap between the US and Japanese cars has, for all practical purposes, been closed.

The 'Big 3' need to change out some of the 'Deadwood' at the top and get with the program on what Consumers want.
Full sized trucks were selling like gangbusters for years and at v-e-r-y healthy prices before the bottom fell out of the market. Sounds to me like they were building exactly what consumers wanted. The trucks being built and sold by the Japanese over the past few years would seem to support that. Unfortunately, inertia makes it very difficult to shift gears in response to extraordinary market dynamics. This time, though, it's not just the US automakers who were blindsided. Toyota just announced something like a 30% drop in sales in December. Would you say that they, also, need to 'get with the program'?

Quick Reply: Prius for Sale