PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Prius Explosion Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Default The Prius Explosion Experience

Hey all -- our project didn't go over so well with the PriusChat crowd, but we thought maybe this group would be a little more open to it....at the very least hopefully good for a laugh.

http://www.cargoboom.com

Enjoy.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Default RE: The Prius Explosion Experience

Interesting -- I posted this over at the elcova Hummer forums and the reception wasn't too warm -- is it possible that Hummer owners really don't want to see a Prius jump off a ramp and explode in a ball flames? Hmmmm....

Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Actually I think the lack of response here is....Well at least the question comes to my mind is; What's the point? And, what's it got to do with HUMMERS?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Now if you would have a Jeep to blow up or maybe a Land Rover, then maybe you might get my attention.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 01:17 PM

"What's it got to do with Hummers"

Well, our thought was that there was sort of a natural rivalry between the Prius clan and the Hummer clan -- and maybe this would be funny as a little dig on them?

But also, I would picture the average Hummer owner as being much more likely to go see an action movie with exploding cars than most.

I do apologize if it came across as spam only. We think the website and video are good for a laugh. Thought you all might as well.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:35 PM

It's all good and I see your jest of the point to slam the tree huggers...A better video would be to get one of those snivelling pukes that torched a whole lot full of HUMMER in the name of ecology and put a firecracker up his ***..Never mind the fact that in burning up a HUMMER, put more toxic fumes in the air than a 100 HUMMERs could ever put out their exhaust pipes combined..It's
kinda like killing an Abortion Doctor in the name of preserving life...

Okay, well have fun...I'm having Spotted Owl for dinner tonight BTW...They taste like ..well, like Spotted Owl..

Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM

...I'm having Spotted Owl for dinner tonight BTW
The spotted owl:

a medium-sized owl with a chocolate-brown body spotted with white and sporting prominent facial disks around its eyes. Like most owls, spotted owls are wonderfully adapted for hunting at night, with highly developed senses of sight and hearing and feathers specially modified so they can fly silently. They are agile predators, feeding principally on small mammals. They need to roost in old-growth forests because these habitats offer cool, damp conditions, with plenty of holes and cavities to roost in.

What a coincidence, I'm having the same thing.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM

"...and put a firecracker up his ***"

We have a stunt guy who's willing to drive the Prius off the ramp as it explodes.....not sure how he'd feel about acting out the firecracker concept though....

Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 PM

Just be careful with demolition of the hybrid..You could get the EPA on your butts for scattering Nickel cadmium all over the desert.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Good point. Matt (the other guy) actually works for a production company so the driving/exploding will all be handled by pro stunt guys.....including cleanup. That's part of why we need so much money -- the stunt part alone will cost about $30K according to them.

Almost made us wonder if we should do it in CG.....but what fun would that be?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:23 AM

The prius is actually a pretty neat car. The trip computer is cool, and it isn't bad or good to drive, just drives like a normal small car with wicked-sensitive brakes. It isn't energy efficient according to this study: www.cnwmr.com (click ont he auto energy link & download the files), and it isn't economical in a mileage-vs-cost analysis,a nd it isn't the nicest car available for its price by a mile, but the inside is nicely done.

I think the shame of the prius is that it will wind up with a bad name not due to what it is, but due to the mentality of the people who have made it the poster child for the ever-more-outrageous enviro-left.

Ultimately, the prius and the hummer are more akin than opposites. Please hear me out - each is a statement vehicle to many or some of their drivers, each is a vehicle with considerable social presence, admirers, and antagonists. It is often said that hummer drivers buy their vehicles to be cool, or as a statement of their financial success, or for attention, and so on. Often these commentaries are not complimentary.

It could, at least as accurately, be said that the prius is a statement vehicle. More than rational concern for the enviroment (if you buy into the study above), is it bought as a "i'm good, i'm saving the world, i'm good, i'm good" vehicle? I'm not judging, i'm just asking. One could say, perhaps, that its the first time that a social statement vehicle was ever not expensive.

I wonder which is more accurate - the rich hummer a-hole or the snobby holier-than-thou prius driver? probably neither, or both. neither probably fits most drivers, both probably fit some, and both are probably similarly prevelant.

edit: i bought the thing! i thought this was a thread where i talked about it, but it isn't, and somehow i wound up editing this anyway.