PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator Motorsports lagit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Default Predator Motorsports lagit?

is predator motorsports a lagit company? do they do a awesome job? or a pretty nice job?

i called and talked to Josh and he quoted me 25G if i supply the engine, trans, and t-case. 35G if i dont supply anything other than the H1 [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

wat do you guys think?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Predator Motorsports lagit?

I assume you are talking about doing a D-Max conversion. Predator is legit. They do a lot of conversions. Magnum Offroad, a forum member also does the D-max conversion.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:18 AM

That sounds about right. 35K, or 25K labor. 10K for a dmax + tcase and trans isn't too bad.

Theres shops that attempt to do it for much less, look at the twisted diesel fisaco in utah, they offered to do the conversion for 15k labor, but went out of business and many people had their trucks screwed up or no work done at all and lost their deposits.

Predator and Magnum I'd trust. Theres that guy up in the midwest whos known for biodiesel and duramax conversions [I forget his name] whos pretty good also.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:46 AM

that other guy might be John Goodwin, Ben just had his truck done there I think. I think he's back in town?

Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 AM

I have never done any business with Predator, but have been hearing of them ever since I got my H-1 some 4 years ago, and being in business for that length of time when specializing in this business says a lot. I have always heard they are one of, if not the best at the duramax.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

2door, what are you getting to replace your 97?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:15 PM

ya the dmax conversion.

so there are2 other places to check that do dmax conversions? magnum, ben?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Hey guys, we would like to respond to if Predator Motorsports is Legit? On this subject we would like to just ask anyone who is looking at doing the D-Max swap to please spend the extra money to actually fly out and see the shop in person, make sure that there are other vehicles in the shop that are actually getting the D-max conversion and then finally test drive a finished product. Lately we have been getting many phone calls to help people whos trucks were finished half way or in some severe cases as mentioned prior in this post, not at all! Our conversions price is not the "cheapest out there" but we truley believe good things arent cheap and cheap things arent good. Either way please just be careful because in the long run you could be a victim of your deposit, or if the job was half finished it will end up costing more if we have to un-install and then re-install everything. Attached are a few pictures of our shop that we took today 8/1/2008. We currently have 4 H1 conversions in the works as well as an 2008 H2, with 5 H1's lined up after. If you are thinking about getting a conversion we would like to invite you out to see our shop, if your within driving distance please just call with a heads up and stop by, also if you are seriously interested and need to take a flight, if the conversion is done with us we will deduct the flight expense from your overall conversion price, as well as pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Call us with questions. Have a great weekend!

PS: We have been in the Hummer Business for over 11 Years, and dont plan on going anywhere. We have a large facility and full coverage insurance (which is often never considered by our customers).We are alsoa licensed and bonded car dealership in the state of California, which has enabled us to really become the only one stop shop for all Hummer needs!

Thanks,
Predator Motorsports

Name:  dmaxshopaug1.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  dmaxshopaug1-2.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  90.3 KB