PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

plastidipped fenders and various other parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM

Thanks guys. appreciate the compliments. Still not sure if im sold on it but it suck right now here in Fl, with all the pollen the black really shows the pollen but ill run it for a while and see if it grows on me.

As for the gobi rack I dont have one so I'm not sure how big the fairing is but it could work, but be careful at night it might just look like a blur. Still would be different than everyone else.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 AM

What size tires do you have on your H3? I'm looking to put bigger tires on my factory rims and yours look really good! Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 AM

Got a question on the dipped wheels.
Are there any marks in the dip when you remove the OEM hub cap?

I always remove my hub caps for wheeling. Then don't put them back on until I clean the truck, maybe a few days later.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM

i like the fenders dipped like that! I had the same idea but was unsure of how it would look and didnt want to was 3 cans of dip just to peel it off if i didnt like it. i wanted to see a pic of it and now i can. It looks great! i think i might go ahead and do the same. i did my air dams with plastic dip.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Got a question on the dipped wheels.
Are there any marks in the dip when you remove the OEM hub cap?

I always remove my hub caps for wheeling. Then don't put them back on until I clean the truck, maybe a few days later.
Yes, you'll have little marks in the slots where you use whatever pry tool to remove the caps.

Also, my Plasti-Dip didn't make it through the one time I went wheeling with it on. It stayed on the rim, but was peeling off around the outside of the rim.

This would be dependent upon what kind of wheeling you were doing. I was in deep mud, but if you were just in rocks or trails with no mud, it would probably fair better.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST
Yes, you'll have little marks in the slots where you use whatever pry tool to remove the caps.
No tool needed, you remove the OEM caps by hand.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:22 PM

My tires are 315/70/16 nitto mud grapplers. Awesome tires. Noisy on the road but that doesn't bother me one bit. the dip on the fenders peeled off nicely a few weeks later when I decided I didn't like it but held up well. I washed it multiple times with no problems at all. The dip on the wheels is over a year old now with no touch ups. A little faded from mud but a little armorall gives them a like new look. I havent had any problems with the dip peeling from missing or tree scrapes or sand. I don't use a tool to take mine off and I don't take them off when I go wheeling although I should, but I don't have any marks in them. It's a great mod that is very inexpensive and reversible. Hope that info helps.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM

Hey guys where can I get some plastidip. I want to try it on my rims vs painting them to see how it holds up. I went by orielly's and autozone here in town and both looked at me like I was stupid. I live in Missouri so them two are the main ones. I also have NAPA. Or maybe a good trusted website someone has used.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by lance_214
Hey guys where can I get some plastidip.
I buy it at Home Depot and Lowes.
It was first invented to coat the handles of tools, to make a non slip grip.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bunger
I buy it at Home Depot and Lowes.
It was first invented to coat the handles of tools, to make a non slip grip.
Thanks Bunger! I found the stuff on ebay last night and ordered 6 cans to do my rims and what ever else I can find.

Quick Reply: plastidipped fenders and various other parts