PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

plastidipped fenders and various other parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Default plastidipped fenders and various other parts

SO I have seen other H3's with this setup done with paint, bed liner etc. Im still not sold on it and Im sure it may get some abuse when it gets in the woods but i can touch it up or peel it off if I decide I dont like it. I did the fenders, lower front bumper, touched up my bedlined grille, did my custom mesh grille inserts I made a while back, touched up my gas cap I did a while back, and also did a little to the hella lights to try and make them look mean. what are ya'lls opinion?

Attached Thumbnails plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0538.jpg   plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0540.jpg   plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0541.jpg   plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0542.jpg   plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0543.jpg  

Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM

Truck looks sweet!! I remember reading a thread a while ago where you had plasti-dipped your turn signals and I thought they came out awesome so i decided to do mine. I also did the front grill. I had planned on doing the rims and running boards once it got warmer out, and after seeing how your fenders and hood look, I'm going to need a couple more cans.

She's a little dirty, but you can see the angled line on the markers.
Name:  2013-02-04_10-03-31_605_zps56ef6ee6.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  82.4 KB

Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM

Looking good! I've been wanting to dip my fenders for a while... Thanks for the pics and giving me a project to do this weekend. :-)

Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Thanks guys. My wheels are also dipped and they are holding up great. Mud stains them but wash them and spray with some armorall and theyre good as new and once the armorall washes off mud stains are gone too. Im glad to see the turn signal thing catching on too. Also I did all the fenders and other little things I did today with only three cans off plastidip. it goes a long way and Im def putting heavy coats on.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:31 PM

You install the small marker lights in the grill? What are they wired to the lights or turn signals? Wondering where you got those, look like they'd be pretty sweet at night..

Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM

Decided to bite the bullet and plasti dip my grill!

Attached Thumbnails plastidipped fenders and various other parts-image.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 PM

I got them online and they popped right in the hole so it was meant to be. I posted a thread on it a while back but here is a pic of them at dusk. I got them from a website called etrailer.com I believe. They had the amber colored ones and they has clear ones with amber color. They are powered from the turn signals so they come on when the parking lights are on and flash when I lock/unlock the truck.

Attached Thumbnails plastidipped fenders and various other parts-imag0217.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 PM

the fenders and hood look good, I think it'd look real great on a boulder grey or the darker grey color. I love the front amber lights, now you need the roof marker lights to match

Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 AM

I thought about the roof lights but that would be too.many marker lights. I like what I have going on now. Someday there will be a roof rack up there with off road lights on it.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Humm3r
Decided to bite the bullet and plasti dip my grill!
Bite a little more and dip that silver bumper.

Quick Reply: plastidipped fenders and various other parts