PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Pcmforless Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Default Pcmforless Questions

Will getting the pcmforless tune bring back any of the performance lost from adding larger tires? In this case 33-12.50-20"

While I love the looks of them and the fact that the toyo m/t is an incredible off road tire. This damn combo is HEAVY. Tires are 72lbs each I forgot to see what the rims weigh but would guess at around 30. Alot more than I thought it would be together.

Tire shop kid pulls the spare off and the a$$ raised up 2 inches, wow hmmm.

Went to swing them up in the back without thinking about it after getting new tires for the stockers ,, I think maybe the first one came off the ground 2 inches, uhmmmm wtf? Had to go eat some wheaties and try it again. And to think I had thoughts of putting the spare on the roof rack at one time. Death by spare tire, Sounds like an awesome way to go.

So what do you think? The difference between stock and not is noticeable especially in takeoff thru 2nd. Fuel mileage, well you don't buy any suv for mpg really so who cares. Any other ideas? I use the stockers for towing a trailer cross country so I don't waste the toyos on the freeway, They aren't that cheap.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:30 AM

id hide my rear tire as they dont match lol nice truck though

Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 AM

The TOYOs look great on your rig, the wheels too.
It is a shame the weight is what it is, but how much do the stock wheel/tire combination weigh?
I just bought TOYO R1Rs for my sports car. They are great because they are new to the car, but the jury is still out on over all performance.

I think any performance upgrades to your engine will boost horse power, but I'm afraid your fuel economy would get worse. You'll more than likely enjoy the new found power and keep your foot into it at every opportunity. Not a bad thing, but it does take a certain amount of energy to get a large mass rolling and you can only pull so much of that energy out of a gallon of fuel.

Your H3 looks real cool, ready for some rough housing or off road adventures.
Please let us know if you got the PCMforless upgrade.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm saving my pennies for the spare tire, Doesn't do any good if it's not the same size i know. The tires were around 350- each though so I had to eat top ramen for a month as it was.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

I read your question mostly as to will a PCM tune help with increased unsprung weight cause by your tire and wheel combo. I would say yes it will help some. It takes more power to handle extra unsprung weight and a PCM tune makes more HP/TQ and would help some.

If you had stock 32s and went up to 33's, then when you order the PCM tune you can select your new tire size and that will recalibrate your speedo and make your shift points more accurate, that will help more.

Adventures come stock with 33s, so your tire change from that starting point only added width and did not change final drive ratio.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Thanks Doc that makes more sense. There is an amazing amount of increase in unsprung weight there. I plan on picking up your intake as well once my pocketbook heals up some more.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 PM

nice truck, a little too much chrome for me, but it's nice. anyway, the bad thing about toyo MTs (besides their cost lol) is the 33"s weight just about as much as their 35"s which are also still heavy for their size.. they have GREAT on road performance for a mud tire and also perform pretty well offroad. love mine!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM

I dechromed it for ya

Old 05-25-2009, 10:53 AM

what is the best way to do deal with PCMforless?to send them my comp. or what ? anybody has experience....