PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCMforless Information and questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Default PCMforless Information and questions

I'm curious as to if anybody has used PCMforless or any other reputable program tuning company?
I am interested in modifying my pcm but am not for sure if I should order my own and do it myself, or us e a programming company. I noticed on the PCMforless they give you the choice on your options to fill out on the order sheet.
Does anybody have a good experience with a certain setup? Gas octane, tranny shift, and so on???

I also noticed some others have done a TCM tunes and have noticed the highest of all gains as much as 12HP
ALso anyone who is interested in Magnaflow cat back exhausts, I have found a decent online shop sells them for half of what you can get them from Magnaflow or anywhere else for..

Here is the link Discount Performance Exhaust

Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Banned

ive not done it but ive noticed most hp gains show up at 4000-5000 rpm where u dont drive xcept at the drag strip.
so when u get thec 12 hp,what do you do with it?

i cruz at abt 2000

Last edited by drtom; 07-14-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Alright bigdawgs, you now have 23 posts. Its time you started using the SEARCH function. "If anybody has used PCMforless"!!! You have to be fu(king kidding me! "Does anybody have a good experience with a certain setup? Gas octane, tranny shift, and so on??" SEARCH and READ!

Every question you have posed has been answered several times on the forum. Can't wait for the "do 315 fit on OEM Rims?" Or the ever popular "what CAI is the best".

I don't care what company you go with to tune your PCM/ECM/TCM. The most gain you will feel is with the reprogramming of the transmission shift points, firmness, recalibrating to your current tire size and torque converter lockup. You are not going to turn a 5500lb H3 with an I5 into a road rocket with just a tune, CAI and exhaust. Like tom said, 12hp @ 5000rpm will be pretty much un noticeable if your trans is still set up to ease (slip) into each gear like it is from the factory.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM

I don't care what company you go with to tune your PCM/ECM/TCM. The most gain you will feel is with the reprogramming of the transmission shift points, firmness, recalibrating to your current tire size and torque converter lockup. You are not going to turn a 5500lb H3 with an I5 into a road rocket with just a tune, CAI and exhaust. Like tom said, 12hp @ 5000rpm will be pretty much un noticeable if your trans is still set up to ease (slip) into each gear like it is from the factory.
Great summary Tainter!

so when u get thec 12 hp,what do you do with it?
i cruz at abt 2000
This is the bottom line for me too Dr.Tom!

Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM

I prefere the Superchips tuner. I can adjust to what I want when I want.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Thanks Tainter didn't know you like reading my post. Its nice to be slammed by someone whose username describes the stench meat that runs between a females genital area back to her butt hole.

Last I knew this was a Hummer forum and that was what this is for, asking and talking about hummers. But seriously dude! If you don't like reading what I ask, then simple as this " Don't read it"

Sorry!, I just got the thing 2 months ago so I'm like a kid in a candy store working on things. Sure I have searched and read up on things here and there, but as simple as this I was curious as to if anybody has had a good experience from any other company other than pcmforless and how other where setting theirs up to get the most out of it. It not that I'm trying to make a rocket out of a tank, but I like it to perform how I would like it if/when I need it if that ok with you??
I find it easier to ask a question and get an answer to exactly what I am asking, rather than read through 100 worthless jibberish to finally get to what I am looking for. Why not just have some answers posted to the question I was asking??

Thanks though although im new to this hummer forums.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM

Hey Bigdawgs dont mind Tainter, he is an old salty dog on this site and needs to work on his cooping skills with us nubees!!! He and I just went through this same type of conflict, just know that Tainter means well and he has great knowledge about our vehicles!

After you been here a little while, you will too will slam the next new guy who comes along and asks about tires, and believe me it will happen!

I do recommend spending some time using the "search" option to see the history of your question, because older post often has stuff that the newer post leave out!

My opinion to the chip is that if you like to have power in the upper range and enjoy your 3 sounding like a rocket than go for it, PCMtuneforless has the best reputation from what I have gathered and they are actually members of this forum too!

Mod on dude!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by V8-H3
I prefere the Superchips tuner. I can adjust to what I want when I want.
V8-H3 the OP has an 06 H3 with the 3.5l I5. Unfortunatly Superchips does not make a tuner for his vehicle. I agree with you, I have a Superchips Cortex and like the ability to swap back to a stock tune or custom tune one of their other tune options.

Originally Posted by bigdawgs2001
Thanks Tainter didn't know you like reading my post. I have not read all of your posts, Everyone can see how many posts another poster has (top right under your join date) Its nice to be slammed by someone whose username describes the stench meat that runs between a females genital area back to her butt hole. Not just the ladies have a taint. Pretty much every mammal female or male has one!

I find it easier to ask a question and get an answer to exactly what I am asking, rather than read through 100 worthless jibberish to finally get to what I am looking for. Thank you for making my point for me. Sums it up 100% right there! Lazy, do the work for me, I don't want to read and spend the time to do a little research attitude.
Why not just have some answers posted to the question I was asking?? I did actually try to help you out by posting real world exp. You may want to reread my post.

Thanks though although im new to this hummer forums.
Replied inside your post.^

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-14-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by HawaiianH3
Hey Bigdawgs dont mind Tainter, he is an old salty dog on this site and needs to work on his cooping skills with us nubees!!! He and I just went through this same type of conflict, just know that Tainter means well and he has great knowledge about our vehicles!

After you been here a little while, you will too will slam the next new guy who comes along and asks about tires, and believe me it will happen!

I do recommend spending some time using the "search" option to see the history of your question, because older post often has stuff that the newer post leave out!

My opinion to the chip is that if you like to have power in the upper range and enjoy your 3 sounding like a rocket than go for it, PCMtuneforless has the best reputation from what I have gathered and they are actually members of this forum too!

Mod on dude!
Thanks Hawaiian Im usually easy going to get along with but if someone wants to step on my toes, then I'm the type that will step back. No skin off my ***. If that's how Taint has to be, then oh well.
Im glad he's knowledgeable about Hummers, I'm not! This is my first and I'm trying to find my in and outs on them.

I bet he has never asked questions now has he haha..

Anyway, I think I have decided that I am going to purchase my own tuner so I can tinker around with it if I can find one at a reasonable cost.. Not having much luck finding reasonable priced tuners/programmers for Hummer H3

You or anybody have any suggestions feel free to share them...

Old 07-14-2011, 09:47 PM

Quick Reply: PCMforless Information and questions