Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Default performance chips

being new to game which performance chip do you reccomend

Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ironbike1@q.com
being new to game which performance chip do you reccomend
Don't go with a chip, use PCMforless.com

Get your truck set up how you want it, and how it will stay for awhile, and use them. Using them you will get the best most accurate thorough tune. Using a handheld tool or a chip will leave something to be desired, if you do some research they all seems to be missing something you wish they had, or one has a feature you want, but doesn't, and the other one has those features but doesn't have others......a total tune is the best way to go imo.

And in the future if you need a re-tune its only $50.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM

I'll not disagree with (Draketh) however I use a superchips unit and it works great for me. I switch from economy to towing while pulling my toy-hauler, I can also check codes and reset as needed and return to stock for warranty work also free up dates online. Not sure if there is a right or wrong just my .02 2008 Alpha.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RGray711
I'll not disagree with (Draketh) however I use a superchips unit and it works great for me. I switch from economy to towing while pulling my toy-hauler, I can also check codes and reset as needed and return to stock for warranty work also free up dates online. Not sure if there is a right or wrong just my .02 2008 Alpha.
Superchips is good stuff, has some + and - (+ you can change it yourself anytime you want to different settings or return it to stock/ - a PCM tune can change some things the superchips can't), but is only available for the Alpha.

PCMforless is the shizzzzel for the I5s.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 PM

If the super chips allowed me to account for tire size changes I would buy one for sure. I'm just **** about getting exactly what I want, and I don't like having to "relearn" to read my speedo, or constantly having to glance at the gps reading on my head unit to verify my speed.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM

I forgot it was only for the Alpha my bad and I spoke with a rep. true or not he said they were working on the tire size!

Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
If the super chips allowed me to account for tire size changes I would buy one for sure. I'm just **** about getting exactly what I want, and I don't like having to "relearn" to read my speedo, or constantly having to glance at the gps reading on my head unit to verify my speed.
Just looked on the Superchips website, and it says that it will compensate for axle gear changes, and tire size changes from 26" to 38".
Superchips - Products

Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 PM

It was weeks ago when I spoke with the rep he did not indicate it would be that fast. After looking deeper it is vehicle specific and the alpha is still not on there for tire size.

Last edited by RGray711; 05-18-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Just looked on the Superchips website, and it says that it will compensate for axle gear changes, and tire size changes from 26" to 38".
Superchips - Products
Click the link you posted, select our trucks, and then look at the chart that comes up. Tire Size Calibration has a big red X.

I've confirmed this with their reps on multiple occasions and the answer is always some new fangled thing they've been talking about since a trade show like four years ago but hasn't hit the market yet....

Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM

That sure is a misleading website!.....I had to click on our truck BEFORE I got to the page that shows it compensates for tire size, only to have them make you enter it again and tell you, sorry Jack!

Quick Reply: performance chips