PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One sides higher

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Default One sides higher

After leveling my H3 I've noticed the drivers side is higher. When I cranked the torsion bars the drivers side was not quite a 1/4 inch higher (measured from the center of the wheel to the fender). That little bit has made the truck almost an inch higher from the ground to the bottom of the fender both front and back. My question is if I back off on the torsion bar to level the truck from side to side will I have to have the front end aligned again?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

im no xpert,,id let the align guy do the final level adj,,,in the future.
im surprised they dont do it in all alignments,,huh,,,hmmm

here we go

Old 12-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Maybe you could just back it off and not raise the front end in the air, but then this poses the problem of backing off to much

Old 12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

I have no idea what your question is?

If one side up front is higher than the other, obviously you did not "level" it?

Adjusting the T Bars is a simple process of turn the T Bar Bolt and measure until you are the same across the front, and not higher that appx. 23.7" from fender lip to hub center. Next, drive it around a couple days and re-check that both sides are still the same, adjust if necessary. Drive it some more, re-check...... and when you are comfortable that it is where you want it, get an alignment.

If you are suggesting the alignment shop adjusted your T Bar Bolt to cheat on their simple task, take it back and tell them to align it level across the front at your determined height.

If you did not get it level to start, make adjustments per above, then get an alignment.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:59 PM

Doc,
I did the T bars myself. After driving the driver side (cranked and measured from center of hub to fender lip is slightly higher on the drivers side) of the truck sits higher. From the ground to the fender lip is almost an inch higher in the front and back compared to the passenger side.
I didn't say anything about the shop doing anything. Just wondering if I lower the drivers side to level the truck from side to side will I have to get it aligned again.