PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROTECTION FOR SIDES OF H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Default PROTECTION FOR SIDES OF H3

Latelly I've been mudding and we sometimes have to travel through some narrow roads. Well they are narrow cuz they have shrubs or bushes on the sides. I've gotten a few small scratches on the doors but they come off whith some Turtle wax produvt my friend let me use. Well, anyway, my question is...do you guys know if they make some type of side protection for the H3 like thet do for the H2? I'm even considering buying another 4x4 veh. cuz I don't want to keep scratching my H3.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Default RE: PROTECTION FOR SIDES OF H3

3m makes a clear protective film that I hear works very well. I've even seen guys put painters masking tape (blue tape) on teh fenders and doors then remove it after they get done. Unfortunetly there is no real way of going offroad and not getting some battle scars, or as shortbus would call it, custom pinstriping

Old 08-30-2006, 02:41 AM

I've seen some "skins" that are made out of a thin magnet material, like a business sign on the side of a car door, that cover the whole sides of trucks. Fenders, doors, bedsides. Probably a little pricey, but not really when you think of the saved paint.

Like Import mentioned, I've seen the tape too .. and the fenders are fiberglass, so they won't work for the magnet stuff. But, you could always get them rhino lined or something if you wanted to get serious.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:10 AM

How 'bout these?

Old 08-30-2006, 12:15 PM

I just saw an episode of Payback on the Speed channel. Anyway, they painted a H2 two tone with this special paint from Sherwin Williams. When it was painted on it looked kind of like granite or something. Dark grey with little specks in the paint and it was some scratch proof, scuff proof stuff. It actually looked pretty sweet and I don't like two tone.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 PM

trail pinstripes add character, the first one is the worst, but they get easier as you go. the guys at the Reno dealership were telling me that they use the same clingy film that they put on cars when they're being transported across the country. if you ever noticed the white sheets across the hoods and trunk lids of vehicles on car carriers, that's the stuff. not sure where you get it, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do a little looking into. personally, after getting keyed within 5 days of ownership, the trail pinstripes are relatively minor. plus, they don't show up very well on urban camouflage (yellow to most of you)

Old 08-30-2006, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: fatdog77

I just saw an episode of Payback on the Speed channel. Anyway, they painted a H2 two tone with this special paint from Sherwin Williams. When it was painted on it looked kind of like granite or something. Dark grey with little specks in the paint and it was some scratch proof, scuff proof stuff. It actually looked pretty sweet and I don't like two tone.

sounds alot like Line-X. Theres a few guys that has line-x'd their fenders and front ends.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by red devil
Latelly I've been mudding and we sometimes have to travel through some narrow roads. Well they are narrow cuz they have shrubs or bushes on the sides. I've gotten a few small scratches on the doors but they come off whith some Turtle wax produvt my friend let me use. Well, anyway, my question is...do you guys know if they make some type of side protection for the H3 like thet do for the H2? I'm even considering buying another 4x4 veh. cuz I don't want to keep scratching my H3.

Same here.

any info on where we can get the protective films would help[3m or the shipping ones as indicated by shortbus / importkiller]

and if it is local [read Australia] even better

Old 10-16-2009, 01:21 AM

I go through scrubs also, and I feel that those are good war wounds, I know that in the summer it looks like crap but isin't that what hummer mimmicked the first one for after the military's humvee?

Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 AM

Just take off your fenders for clearance

Quick Reply: PROTECTION FOR SIDES OF H3