PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Higher Hummer, Lower Gas Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Default Higher Hummer, Lower Gas Mileage?

I am thinking about buying a ReadyLift Leveling kit for my H3 and putting on 20's with 20/50/285 tires. I am wondering if anyone has done this and knows how much this would effect my gas mileage.

I would also like to take off my spare tire and lose it completely, I am not sure if this might help my gas mileage because I will lose extra weight. If anyone knows anything about this.

As of now I am thinking about buying black 20" Rockstar rims and would like to know others opinions. My hummer is black with chrome mirrors, door handles, chrome tube running boards, and pitch black windows.

Any suggestions of what size tires with 20's would keep my overall diameter about the same so that I wouldn't lose gas mileage.

Thanks for the help.
________
JAGUAR E-TYPE SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Not into street tire and rim combos so I can't help you there, but I can tell you that you do NOT need any "leveling kit". Complete waste of $$, save that and spend it on shocks.

Search and you shall find. One of the best: Front Leveling/Shocks;

35" Tire/Wheel FAQ;

RE: How much can I lift the H3 without...;
RE: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please);
RE: Leveling kit VS. Torsion bar adjustment; Leveling Kits - Can Anyone Explain Their Value?;
RE: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy
; RE: Front End Lift Followup;
RE: Shocks

Last edited by Doc Olds; 04-13-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM

i put the ready lift on mine cause i did not wanna crank my t-bar. u find people that like it and have no issues and u will find people that have done it and had some issues like the front sinking and have to re crank. it comes down to a personal preference. some crank and then put new shocks on and others like me put the ready lift kit on and they don't need the new shocks. now i got lucky and got my ready lift kit for $35 off ebay from a place that is a freight recovery service. i like to say if the t-bar was meant to be cranked to level it off then the h3 would come that way but thats my opinion. i am all for the t-bar crank for those who want to do it and i respect there choice and opinion. i run nitto tera grappler tires 275/60/r20 as to better gas millage i cant help cause it don't matter to me. if i wanted good mpg i would not have a hummer. good luck with your decision

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Not into street tire and rim combos so I can't help you there, but I can tell you that you do NOT need any "leveling kit". Complete waste of $$, save that and spend it on shocks.

Search and you shall find. One of the best: Front Leveling/Shocks;

35" Tire/Wheel FAQ;

RE: How much can I lift the H3 without...;
RE: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please);
RE: Leveling kit VS. Torsion bar adjustment; Leveling Kits - Can Anyone Explain Their Value?;
RE: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy
; RE: Front End Lift Followup;
RE: Shocks

Will this make me lose the smooth ride that I have right now?
________
Honda Transalp

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:02 PM.