PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US

Trey; I would love to but I have the following week already scheduled off and can't change it anymore because my co-workers have off the prior week that the event is taking place. Otherwise I'd take you up on that, especially since my wife wants to go to TN. I'm hoping we can take a trip there later in the summer/fall.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM

That's too bad, the other Hummer Club trip is in October at Windrock, TN. No date set on that one just yet but I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I'll tell you what. I have a folder with all of my THCI info in it. I'll dig it up tonight and renew my membership. If I can't do the one in May, I definitely want to try to do the next one in TN. Just keep in mind, our H3 is one and only vehicle, so I may not be up to doing as much as you guys do, although it seems like everybody has been getting along well with no major damage. Is that correct in assuming that?

I was also thinking about buying a spare tie rod because it seems like that's most of what people break. I just dont know if they break the rods or the joints, or both.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:56 PM

The Club Events are geared for everyone, if you don't want to go over a certain obstacle there is usually a bypass that you could take. You have to remember the very first event I went to I had the base model H3 and I didn't have any problems. I did what everyone else did and never got stuck or broke anything.
As for buying spare parts, I wouldn't if your going to just wheel at THCI events they repair everything for you and have you back on the trail the next day.

I wasn't planning on going to the Windrock event but if you tell me your are going to be there, than I'll go.
I haven't broken anything yet, knock on wood, the only problem I've seen at my last 2 THCI trips was 1 flat tire and 1 mud flap ripped off. As for Muddy and my trips nobody has every broken anything.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

That's how the Badlands park is also. There are multiple ways around everything.

I'll let you know. My wife gets a little concerned with our finances because of gas prices and so forth but with all of the projects I'll have to do in the next few months, It will turn into working late to pay for the trips, hopefully.

She's 23, so she hasn't hit that stage yet where she realizes life is too short to worry about that stuff I guess it's a 30+ thing By then, you realize how much time you have left and you better get moving before it's too late

Old 04-15-2008, 04:04 PM

I hear you, we are both 38 and that's why we bought a Hummer just to go out and make new friends and drive it off road. Too bad all the good places to go off road are not on the East Coast, we are going to go out to Moab, UT one of these upcoming years.
As soon as I find ot when the October dates are for Windrock I'll let you know, any thoughtts about going to Beckly, WV in July? We are going to that one and it's not that much farther from TN.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

If it was up to me, I'd go to every single event all over the country, literally. The problem is the H3 is a little uncomfortable for my wife and she's been wanting some new seats or covers to make it more comfy. She loves road trips but in the H3 not so much. I've been trying to find some reasonably priced leather seat covers where I can put some gel cushioning underneath and make it better for her. The test is going to be the Badlands park next month. I'm hoping by then to have something else in there. We are doing it all in one day, driving out there, off-roading and then coming back, so I'm hoping I can figure something out to the point where she'll be comfortalbe enough to take the longer trips.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Make sure the THCI event has the proper support. Not all of them have AMG or even dealer support. The bigger events usually do.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Make sure the THCI event has the proper support. Not all of them have AMG or even dealer support. The bigger events usually do.
That has changed every event has either AMG support or dealer support. They do everything from taking off your running boards(and putting them back on for you) to fixing anything that breaks and you get right back out on the trails the next day(or home if it is the last day).

Old 04-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

That's awesome. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I assume the stereotype the club has had int he past as being a H1-only club has gone away? How are the people? They seem like a good group of people from what everybody has said. I try not to judge based on what negative things of the past have been said. We talked about that a while back.

Quick Reply: OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US