PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Default RE: OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US

Yeah I got an email from him this morning. Maybe I will just cancell this thread and meet Trey at Kinzlow's lol.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: HumminNBoatin

Yeah I got an email from him this morning. Maybe I will just cancell this thread and meet Trey at Kinzlow's lol.
That would be better only a week later than you planned and we'll have Hummer support just in case any of us have issues with our trucks. I didn't go to this event last year but from what I read in the Azimuth Magazine they had a great time. I'm bringing my father with me on this trip, he's been begging for me to take him off road. So it's going to be a father/son trip for me, it would be great to mmeet you guys.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Nick took a bad fall down the stairs the other day as well. He's waiting to hear from his doctor about the MRI results. He said it's either a slipped or ruptured disk, the latter of which they would have to fuse two of his disks together, something he has avoided because of his recent therapy. He may be out of commision for a while as well. He couldn't even drive for a few days because of it.

We'll have to play this one by ear, but I definitely want to go.
Ohh I could drive alright, it was the morphine/vicodin coctail I'm back on that prevented it .. lol MRI results are somewhat clean, slipped the damn L4/L5 disk and the crap that is sticking out is bulging pretty good but no ruptures *woooo hooo* 6 months including therapy, 50 lbs worth of weightloss, strengthening, etc, and I'm back to square one ... but count me in for the HCT trip boys! As long as my right leg don't go numb again I'm all good to bounch around in the mud for a while.

To clearify what Mike said, the fall wasn't really THAT bad, I just break easily in that particular area. Was walking down with a hamper full of laundry and slipped in the damn stairs and went bouncing down 10 or so steps. Heard and felt the lumbar region pop and that's all she wrote .. like Mike said, since I have degenerative disk disease as well they are not inclined to mess with my disks or try to allow them to heal since they are so destroyed to begin with. My l4/l5/s1 disks are all in bad shape and I know I'll need to get at least l4/l5 fused and cleaned out within the next 10 years, s1 is also a real posibility as that's where the majority of the spinal canal narrowing is located.

Anyways, I'm fine, in pain, and drugged up (again). Now lets get a wheeling trip going guys .. I don't care if it's HCT or Dayton TN, lets just all hook up and go have some fun!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Are we holding off on this for a bit?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:56 AM

Before you know it May will be right around the corner, I'm going to be at Dayton, TN the second weekend in May with THCI. You guys are all welcome to join me. If not let's get something else going.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 PM

Says about 6-6 1/2 hrs for me. Not too bad, let me know.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:28 PM

12 hours for me, sounds like an interesting trip. I need to check my schedule. I heading to St. Louis sometime around that time.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Eric, this is probably not going to happen anytime soon I would assume. Nick won't be doing any off-roading probably until next year with his back, and we've got two Badlands trips going on at the end of May, a possible trip to Silver Lake Michigan dunes in June, and who knows what else.

I'd like to take a weekend trip somewhere though besides all of this, so let me know if you still want to organize something. We may be able to get more forum members involved.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Mike,

I still want to do a trip to Harlan County Kentucky. My dad went down Easter Weekend and told me I would have a field day in my Hummer. There are awesome destinations and views. Its a 40,000 Acre park that is free. You can camp in the park for free. Its about a 4 hour trip from Cincy. I dont know what your drive would be but it would be worth it I am sure. I do know that Memorial Day weekend is out for me as I will be at the lake. Not sure what Lake but I will be at one! lol.

Eric

Old 04-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Why not come out to THCI Event in May in Dayton, TN. I'm going and so is another forum member Camou2. The event is running along side with the town's Strawberry Festival and there are plenty of activities to do.

Quick Reply: OFFROAD HUMMER EVENT-Spring EASTERN US