PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off road accessories

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM
rsc

I would say that if you arent gonna play in the rocks then the UCP can wait for later. Just remember that unprotected belly and rockers when you start pushing things.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer79
Well I love the 3 and I don't really wanna take it off road because I don't wanna tear anything up and where I live in the south it's just mud there are lots of mountains but its not too rocky but I'm itching to take it off road to see what it can do
Just get the UCP, sliders, and offroad carefully. Plenty of offroad fun can be had without tearing things up. If it's just mud and dirt, you probably don't need the UCP at all, but I'd still say get rid of the shovels, I mean nerf bars, and throw on some sliders. Don't forget a set of mud friendly tires...

Ignore what others may tell you about Hummers being street queens. Some are, but they are still built to handle tough offroading.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM

In Georgia there is nothing but mountains, woods, and mud but so I highly doubt I'm gonna need the the whole undercarriage all armourd up maybe rockers but I mainly would need a winch and I have yet to find a good brush gaurd that I like with winch mounts and far as lights go I want some rigid industries lights but that won't happen need some bright l.e.d lights that are durable but not over priced

Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM

If you are needing a winch for offroading then you definitely need undercarriage protection. Needing a winch says that you are either going to be climbing or in mud deep enough to stick you. In mud deep enough to get you stuck and having to be pulled out there is 9 times out of 10 something under that mud that is going to take something out underneath. Been there done that, but on my serious offroad machines that I have a winch on I have undercarriage protection on. I can't tell you how many times my rocker guards and underarmor have saved me a lot of headaches and money from when I've had to use my winch. If you are offroading places where you may need a winch, you need to protect your vehicle. Mud has done more damage to my vehicles than anything else. And it's because of what's under the mud that gets you.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM

What are some good websites for protection and armor for my hummer h3 that is a good price and will still be a good product

Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

You can crush a trans pan on a log or stump, rocks aren't needed to do damage.

Rock rails is their name, but they stick out far enough to protect the doors, and I know plenty of guys with dented doors just because of wooded trails. As a bonus, they stop parking lot door dings as well.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 PM

Ok I'm gonna have to check into a pair what are some brands or websites that have some for a good price