PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure to call for serv appointment or scrap yard lol !

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Default Not sure to call for serv appointment or scrap yard lol !

After a short hiway trip today 200km, I had a stop and restarted and she lit up like a Christmas tree with the warnings:
Serv 4WD
Serv Stab system
Traction failed
Squiggly lines / car light
and the
change oil light

All at the same time! WTF lol After a few engine restarts the serv and squigglies went away ...now just the oil change message and its prob time to change anyway.

Should I be concerned about the other 3 warnings?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM

I would say its worth it to get it looked at for error codes. In the states you can stop at any autozone (or similiar stores) and have them scan the car for free. I would have that done at a minimum.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Be sure to your battery terminals for tightness, if ther are lose this same thing can happen.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
Be sure to your battery terminals for tightness, if ther are lose this same thing can happen.

Will do that too. I just had the battery replaced a month ago becuse it was burning up and smelled like rotten eggs. Never really figured out why ...the dealer was a week wait so had it replaced same day wally world. Maybe they are not tight enough. possible.
When i put it in the dealer for oil I will ask them to scan too but they seem a little clueless to me. Unless something is physically broken in front of them they really dont find anything!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 PM

The only way to over heat a battery is overcharging. The generator/controller must be bad. You will smoke the new one too.
High voltage might have caused the crazy lights,codes??

Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 AM

After a short hiway trip today 200km, I had a stop and restarted and she lit up like a Christmas tree with the warnings:
Serv 4WD
Serv Stab system
Traction failed
Squiggly lines / car light
and the
change oil light
Few days ago, I had he same plus:
Sunroof/electric Windows/turnsignals didn't work, I wasn't able to take of the key or to move the automatic from P to D or somewhere else. (engine started without problems)
I had to take of both cables from the battery and then put pluscable and minuscable together.
After this I was able to drive normal again.

Al that happened after a very strong raining night, Hummer parked outside.

Someone told me it could happen because of (condesation) water in the electronics and moves away by its own.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:04 AM

Just a for your info.. Wally world is good for some stuff, but stuff like batteries and tires you should get elsewhere.. Made that mistake once with tires and came to regret it.. So it might still be the battery that is giving you issues.. Like SolidJJ said, check the terminals for tightness, and and like wannascoopthis mentioned, go to autozone and have them check the codes, but also have them check and do a cold start test and charge test on that battery that you bought..