PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Have appointment with the dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Default Have appointment with the dealer....

I have an appointment with the dealer....well not the Hummer dealer(it's over 2 hours away)....but a GM dealer that is going to fix the intermeddiate steering shaft, and they are also going to check my flat spotted tires.....He said that they would force balance them, if the balance is all out of whack....takes about an hour for 4 tires to be done....hopefully that will fix the bounce I have. If not, then I will drive to the Hummer dealer and demand new tires and rims off another H3!
I know someone on this forum mentioned that he had some sort of problem with a bounce in the tire and the dealer actually found something really loose on the undercarriage......anyone know who that was???

Wish me luck tomorrow...hopefully everything will be fixed!!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Default RE: Have appointment with the dealer....

Oh yeah? What do you mean by a bounce? Do you have the 33's on there?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Good luck!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: gmpartsdude

I have the 33's and have had a little bounce on the interstate, specifically concrete paved stretches...what's the cause of that?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 PM

Under-inflated???

Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 AM

If the tires already have flat spots, you may be SOL.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM

SOL....what's that???

I just have the 265/75/16's on my hummer....with upgraded chrome rims. They are definitely flat spotted. I had the spare put on the right front, because that was the worse one out of the bunch....now the right front is smooth and the other three thump/bounce/shake down the highway.....real fun....[:@] I called the Hummer dealership (2 hours away) and they said they would take care of it.....also my TPM (tire pressure monitor) lights came on....evidently when you use your spare, it doesn't have the TPM sensor in the stem....go figure.

I also had the intermediate steering shaft replaced, because I was experiencing feedback in my brake and gas pedal. You go down the road and the front tires hit slight imperfections in the road and it would feel like your gas pedal was being tapped from the underside....really weird. They checked it and found it to be loose and replaced it with part #25900714.

I got my H3 back and drove off and now it seems worse than when it untouched......[:@] This is so annoying!!! Luckily it isn't something that is dangerous to drive on.....so I will have to see what the Hummer dealer can do to fix it......I mentioned it to him on the phone, when making the appointment, and he seemed to think that the steering shaft shouldn't cause that, and that it may be something worse.....but then again we are talking about Maine.....they don't know to much up here, but I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

SOL: $hit out of luck.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: jman_in_minnesota

ORIGINAL: gmpartsdude

I have the 33's and have had a little bounce on the interstate, specifically concrete paved stretches...what's the cause of that?
I have the 33's as well, that's why I was asking. The reason you get a little bounce out of them is because they are 33's. That's really my opinion though.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 PM

are you sure about the tpm in the spare? i have an 06 and there is a transponder in the tire.

Quick Reply: Have appointment with the dealer....