PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No dome lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Default No dome lights

So my 06 h3 dome light only comes on if you manually press the buttons on it. The floor lights work properly when doors open or when dimmer is rotated to on position. I've made sure to check the cutoff switch first of course. All of the door switches function as far as floor lights and reading opened or closed. The rear dome has never came on and as I said, the map/dome lights only function when manually pressed. Any ideas on where to start would be fantastic.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

From the 2006 H3 Owner's Manual:
"Dome Lamp Override E (Dome Lamp Override): You can use the dome override button, located below the exterior lamps control, to set the dome and footwell lamps to come on automatically when a door is opened, or to remain off. To turn the lamps off, press the button into the in position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will remain off when the doors are open. To return the lamps to automatic operation, press the button again and return it to the out position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will come on when you open a door."

If you already checked the DLO button, then I got nothin for you right now.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
From the 2006 H3 Owner's Manual:
"Dome Lamp Override E (Dome Lamp Override): You can use the dome override button, located below the exterior lamps control, to set the dome and footwell lamps to come on automatically when a door is opened, or to remain off. To turn the lamps off, press the button into the in position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will remain off when the doors are open. To return the lamps to automatic operation, press the button again and return it to the out position. With the button in this position, the dome lamps will come on when you open a door."

If you already checked the DLO button, then I got nothin for you right now.
That was the first thing I checked. If it were all the lights that would be the usual suspect indeed. However, since the floor lights function properly and only the map/dome function only manually, that was immediately ruled out. Thank you for taking interest.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 PM

Did you check to make sure the actual bulbs are not blown? If I remember correctly, the dome light that comes on when the door opens is a separate bulb. When you manually press the buttons on the dome light to turn it on, those are 2 separate different bulbs, I think there's 3 bulbs total